.
Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Error With Uploading Locomotives In script

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    United States of America, Massachusetts, Deerfield
    Posts
    157
     

    Post Error With Uploading Locomotives In script

    Hi Everyone!

    I Had Some Issues Uploading Locomotives On DLS

    I am not sure I'm going to fix that. thanks.

    An Error Occurred with <kuid2:542976:100719:1> MVR (Milton Valley Railroad) Alco C424 (V2)
    <kuid2:542976:100719:1> : VE197: Syntax error in script 'controls.gs' for asset <kuid2:542976:100719:1> "MVR (Milton Valley Railroad) Alco C424 (V2)"
    <kuid2:542976:100719:1> : VE267: controls.gs(117) : function GetFacingRelativeToTrain is obsolete in object Vehicle.
    <kuid2:542976:100719:1> : VE267: controls.gs(122) : function GetFacingRelativeToTrain is obsolete in object Vehicle.
    <kuid2:542976:100719:1> : VE267: controls.gs(252) : function GetVehicleList is obsolete in object World.

    created from the newer version.

    and also I had an another error I'm going to show here

    An Error Occurred with <kuid2:542976:100403:1> MVR (Milton Valley Railroad) Alco C424 (V1)
    <kuid2:542976:100403:1> : VE197: Syntax error in script 'controls.gs' for asset <kuid2:542976:100403:1> "MVR (Milton Valley Railroad) Alco C424 (V1)"
    <kuid2:542976:100403:1> : VE267: controls.gs(117) : function GetFacingRelativeToTrain is obsolete in object Vehicle.
    <kuid2:542976:100403:1> : VE267: controls.gs(122) : function GetFacingRelativeToTrain is obsolete in object Vehicle.
    <kuid2:542976:100403:1> : VE267: controls.gs(252) : function GetVehicleList is obsolete in object World.

    cloned from EL Alco C424 and created from the newer version.
    <KUID2:58843:53:1>

    do you have a solution that will hep me?
    thanks.
    Last edited by gramma; July 8th, 2022 at 12:23 PM.
    I Like Trains Planes And Other Stuff!

    Enjoy!

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Australia, QLD, Pimpama
    Posts
    9,426
    Blog Entries
    30
     

    Default

    I don't recall it being announced officially but Zec told me on Discord that use of those obsolete Trainzscript methods are now treated as an error when uploading to the DLS although I think they work normally in your own system.

    If you want to upload it then you, or a knowledgeable scripter, will need to fix that code. (Edit) The first two are easy to fix but the last is not.

    I'll ask the CRG to get the original asset fixed (<KUID2:58843:53:1>).


    Last edited by pcas1986; July 8th, 2022 at 05:56 PM. Reason: Update

    Paul


  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    United States of America, Massachusetts, Deerfield
    Posts
    157
     

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pcas1986 View Post
    I don't recall it being announced officially but Zec told me on Discord that use of those obsolete Trainzscript methods are now treated as an error when uploading to the DLS although I think they work normally in your own system.

    If you want to upload it then you, or a knowledgeable scripter, will need to fix that code. Those particular method calls should be relatively easy to fix.

    I'll ask the CRG to get the original asset fixed (<KUID2:58843:53:1>).


    Sure! Thanks!
    I Like Trains Planes And Other Stuff!

    Enjoy!

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Australia, QLD, Pimpama
    Posts
    9,426
    Blog Entries
    30
     

    Default

    I had a look at the code in more detail and had to correct my earlier post. The first two errors are easy to fix but the last is not so simple. If practical, I'll let you know when the original loco is corrected and uploaded to the DLS. That process is unlikely to be complete until the end of next week at least.

    Paul


  5. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    United States of America, Massachusetts, Deerfield
    Posts
    157
     

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pcas1986 View Post
    I had a look at the code in more detail and had to correct my earlier post. The first two errors are easy to fix but the last is not so simple. If practical, I'll let you know when the original loco is corrected and uploaded to the DLS. That process is unlikely to be complete until the end of next week at least.
    Ok. I will download these locos when it's repaired.
    I Like Trains Planes And Other Stuff!

    Enjoy!

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    United States of America, Massachusetts, Deerfield
    Posts
    157
     

    Default

    I also Encountered an Error While Uploading New P42DC Locomotives That I Made.

    An Error Occurred with <kuid2:542976:100034:1> Amtrak P42DC Phase III #9
    <kuid2:542976:100034:1> : VE197: Syntax error in script 'p32.gs' for asset <kuid2:542976:100034:1> "Amtrak P42DC Phase III #9"
    <kuid2:542976:100034:1> : VE267: p32.gs(160) : member MESSAGE_BROADCAST is obsolete in object Router.
    <kuid2:542976:100034:1> : VE267: p32.gs(160) : function PostMessage is obsolete in object Router.


    The following warnings were also recorded. These do not need to be fixed and are provided for information/diagnostic purposes only:
    <kuid2:542976:100034:1> : VE82: Individual mesh files are not supported for traincar assets. Upgrade 'p32_body/body.im' to a .lm file.
    <kuid2:542976:100034:1> : VE39: The texture 'p32_body/digit_1.tga' is a uniform color.
    <kuid2:542976:100034:1> : VE39: The texture 'p32_body/digit_2.tga' is a uniform color.
    <kuid2:542976:100034:1> : VE39: The texture 'p32_body/digit_3.tga' is a uniform color.
    <kuid2:542976:100034:1> : VE39: The texture 'p32_body/digit_4.tga' is a uniform color.
    <kuid2:542976:100034:1> : VE39: The texture 'p32_body/digit_5.tga' is a uniform color.
    <kuid2:542976:100034:1> : VE39: The texture 'p32_body/digit_6.tga' is a uniform color.
    <kuid2:542976:100034:1> : VE39: The texture 'p32_shadow/black.tga' is a uniform color.
    <kuid2:542976:100034:1> : VE109: The low-detail meshes total more than 500 polygons. This may have a negative impact on performance: 0: 5571
    <kuid2:542976:100034:1> : VE82: Individual mesh files are not supported for traincar assets. Upgrade 'p32_body/body.im' to a .lm file.
    <kuid2:542976:100034:1> : VE39: The texture 'p32_body/digit_1.tga' is a uniform color.
    <kuid2:542976:100034:1> : VE39: The texture 'p32_body/digit_2.tga' is a uniform color.
    <kuid2:542976:100034:1> : VE39: The texture 'p32_body/digit_3.tga' is a uniform color.
    <kuid2:542976:100034:1> : VE39: The texture 'p32_body/digit_4.tga' is a uniform color.
    <kuid2:542976:100034:1> : VE39: The texture 'p32_body/digit_5.tga' is a uniform color.
    <kuid2:542976:100034:1> : VE39: The texture 'p32_body/digit_6.tga' is a uniform color.
    <kuid2:542976:100034:1> : VE39: The texture 'p32_shadow/black.tga' is a uniform color.
    <kuid2:542976:100034:1> : VE109: The low-detail meshes total more than 500 polygons. This may have a negative impact on performance: 0: 5571
    <kuid2:542976:100034:1> : VE267: p32.gs(160) : member MESSAGE_BROADCAST is obsolete in object Router.
    <kuid2:542976:100034:1> : VE267: p32.gs(160) : function PostMessage is obsolete in object Router.


    do you have a another solution that will help me?
    thanks.

    Last edited by gramma; August 7th, 2022 at 12:49 PM.
    I Like Trains Planes And Other Stuff!

    Enjoy!

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Australia, QLD, Pimpama
    Posts
    9,426
    Blog Entries
    30
     

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gramma View Post
    I also Encountered an Error While Uploading New P42DC Locomotives That I Made.
    ...
    do you have a another solution that will help me?
    thanks.

    The El Alco C424 asset was repaired and a new version uploaded. <kuid2:58843:53:2> EL Alco C424

    Most of the warnings you mention are easily fixed in PRV's AssetX program.

    You will need a scripter to repair the PostMessage issue. After a quick look it wasn't obvious to me why that PostMessage call is needed.

    The model needs level of detail (LOD) messages and, since it is a loco, will need an LM.TXT file. If you intend to create Trainz assets then you will need to know how to do that. It's all in the Trainz WiKi.

    Paul


  8. #8
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    United States of America, Massachusetts, Deerfield
    Posts
    157
     

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pcas1986 View Post
    The El Alco C424 asset was repaired and a new version uploaded. <kuid2:58843:53:2> EL Alco C424

    Most of the warnings you mention are easily fixed in PRV's AssetX program.

    You will need a scripter to repair the PostMessage issue. After a quick look it wasn't obvious to me why that PostMessage call is needed.

    The model needs level of detail (LOD) messages and, since it is a loco, will need an LM.TXT file. If you intend to create Trainz assets then you will need to know how to do that. It's all in the Trainz WiKi.
    Ok, I Just Downloaded This Loco. I will try to fix them very soon.
    I Like Trains Planes And Other Stuff!

    Enjoy!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •