No more updates for TRS19?

chili46

Just received this from the HelpDesk:

[FONT=&quot]Good Afternoon Chili46[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Thank you for confirming this information for us. I can confirm that this issue is currently being investigated by our team, however we cannot currently say when any potential updates or fixes may become available.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Unfortunately at this time it is unlikely that further updates will be released for Trainz Railroad Simulator 2019.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Please check these helpful pages:[/FONT]

FAQ
Trainz Knowledgebase
Trainz Forums
TRS2019 FAQ

[FONT=&quot]Kind Regards[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]N3V Games Support Team[/FONT]

Trainz 22 was just released; so their small team of developers are now focused on '22 updates. I would only expect an update to '19 if some big game-breaking bug is found.

peter

Not really news, there is only one source code and once TRS22 only features were added to the source code then there is no going back unless they branched the source code at the SP5 build. They may have done this like they did for TANE but as Peter says it would require a mammoth show stopping bug to get anyone to look at the old code. If such a bug exists then it would have been found by now.

I'm quite satisfied with the current state of TRS19. I have encountered no bugs since the small patch released after SP5.

If they don't plan to launch a new service pack, maybe a hot-fix is needed, in the screenshots of the game, the points blades or switch rails of the railroad switchs do not appear.
Another reason to continue with Tane, when they finish 2019 it will be great news.

If they don't plan to launch a new service pack, maybe a hot-fix is needed, in the screenshots of the game, the points blades or switch rails of the railroad switchs do not appear.
Another reason to continue with Tane, when they finish 2019 it will be great news.

Not all track has is "procedural", having animated points. It's a matter of creators creating assets to the new standards, not that the game is broken.

peter

in the screenshots of the game, the points blades or switch rails of the railroad switchs do not appear.

I just took some screenshots and all the switch blades (of procedural tracks) are clearly visible. If the tracks are non-procedural then both "pseudo" blade sets are visible, as has always been the case.

TRS19 (standard), TRS19 PE and Trainz Plus all share the same code base with your userID determining which features you will see.

Missing point blades in a TRS2019 screenshot on 2 different computers (low-end on the left and high-end on the right). Maybe I'm doing something wrong with the game settings.

Via example in the capture, it happens to me in others: <kuid2:661281:44113:11> TRS19 Track Concrete 2 Procedural - Seasonal

prcedural-track.jpg

Missing point blades in a TRS2019 screenshot on 2 different computers (low-end on the left and high-end on the right). Maybe I'm doing something wrong with the game settings.

Via example in the capture, it happens to me in others: <kuid2:661281:44113:11> TRS19 Track Concrete 2 Procedural - Seasonal

Just attempted to duplicate your results using the same track. In all cases the switch blades are visible on my high end PC (but that should not have any effect on the outcome). I also distorted the track junction to produce the red spline circle in Surveyor, which indicates a faulty procedural junction, and while the switch blade did not show the track was continuous (unbroken) on both rails.

I am not aware of any Trainz settings that would cause this result.

Are the frogs and check rails that also appear in procedural track types (not shown in your screenshots) still present?

Procedural-Track-Switch.jpg

1. Check there are no modified dependencies of the track
2. Click Tools Menu > Pause in case it's something to do with animating (although I would think it should just render in one position)
3. Confirm you're on build 117009

That looks like the screenshot bug, still not fixed in TRS19 although it was acknowledged some time ago.

If you take a screenshot and paste from the clipboard into a graphics program the missing bits will be present.

If you look at the config.txt, it just references the pieces of the rail, here is the list of dependancies;

<kuid2:661281:44114:2> TRS19 Track Concrete 2 Chairs-Left - Seasonal
<kuid2:661281:44115:2> TRS19 Track Concrete 2 Chairs-Right - Seasonal
<kuid2:661281:44116:13> TRS19 Track Concrete 2 Mesh Lib
<kuid2:661281:44117:2> TRS19 Track Concrete 2 Rail-Left - Seasonal
<kuid2:661281:44118:2> TRS19 Track Concrete 2 Rail-Right - Seasonal
<kuid2:661281:44119:4> TRS19 Track Concrete 2 Sleepers - Seasonal

This whole set is payware, and is part of these DLC Routes under Content Store

<kuid2:661281:200019:8> Content Samples #1
<kuid2:661281:200007:37> Kickstarter County 2

You could check to see if any of these assets are Open for Edit (revert to original) or Faulty, so this could be one issue, or

I am using DMT Pro Track by Scottish in my routes with no issues, available from DLS, maybe change the track out and see if works?

Hope this helps

Tried on a third mid-range computer and the same thing happens.

The build is 117009, nothing is open edited or changed and the test tracks are built-in, done with and without pausing from the tools menu.

In the game everything looks fine, it's just an "error" that only occurs when you press the "Impr pant" key to make a screenshot in which the railway switches appear.
The moment you press the "Impr pant" key and the sound of a photographic shot is heard, the area of the rail points disappears for a few tenths of a second and that is what we can see in the captures, that the railway points are missing.

It's not a big deal, it's just annoying, and when taking screenshots, you have to avoid areas with rail junctions.

As "clam1952" says:
That looks like the screenshot bug, still not fixed in TRS19 although it was acknowledged some time ago.
I had already seen and read it somewhere in the forum, and seen a screenshot as well.

Although the years sometimes cloud your vision and knowledge, I have found some images and a thread on the forum that talk about the disappearance of railway points when a screenshot is taken, it is not a whim or madness of mine:

Images taken from the Screenshots forum section:
https://images.n3vgames.com/trainzp...ts/320981/1000/My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

https://images.n3vgames.com/trainzp...ts/331969/1000/My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

Forum thread:
https://forums.auran.com/trainz/showthread.php?167173-Bug-in-SP5-found-when-taken-screenshots

Although the years sometimes cloud your vision and knowledge, I have found some images and a thread on the forum that talk about the disappearance of railway points when a screenshot is taken, it is not a whim or madness of mine:

Images taken from the Screenshots forum section:
https://images.n3vgames.com/trainzp...ts/320981/1000/My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

https://images.n3vgames.com/trainzp...ts/331969/1000/My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

Forum thread:
https://forums.auran.com/trainz/showthread.php?167173-Bug-in-SP5-found-when-taken-screenshots

I've noticed that other things tend to disappear when using the screenshot key (function). I have found that the best way to get a "clean" snapshot is to use a screen capture program such as snapit (MS).

They expect us to upgrade every few years like how Windows has an end of support date? So to get the latest features you have to buy a newer Trainz version. And the newer Surveyor is only available in the subscription version of 22, not the retail version?

They expect us to upgrade every few years like how Windows has an end of support date? So to get the latest features you have to buy a newer Trainz version. And the newer Surveyor is only available in the subscription version of 22, not the retail version?

Not sure if all of that was a question or a statement (despite the ? at the end).

To break it all down.

They expect us to upgrade every few years like how Windows has an end of support date?

Just about every software product these days has an end of support date - even with freeware.

No, you do not have to upgrade any version of Trainz if you do not want to. Your original copy of Trainz 2004 will still work today on Windows 11 just as well as it did when you first bought it, but you may have to set Windows 11 to run it in "Compatibility mode". There are certainly plenty of users posting in these forums who are still using TRS2006, TS12 and T:ANE. It is entirely up to you to make that decision but if you encounter a new bug in one of those "legacy" products (Trainz or Windows 98) you will have to find your own workaround.

So to get the latest features you have to buy a newer Trainz version.

Yes. That is true of every software and hardware product. The way software and hardware developers, particularly gaming software developers, survive is by releasing new products or versions with new features.

I am guessing that you expect these new features (MPS, S20, camera views, paint under spline, new Effect Layers tools, etc, etc) should be released for free as Service Packs? I am also guessing that, in view of your end of support date query, they should also be released for every previous version of Trainz? That would send N3V out of business and we would all be out of our favourite hobby.

And the newer Surveyor is only available in the subscription version of 22, not the retail version?

There is no subscription version of TRS22, only a retail version.

The newer Surveyor (S20 or S2.0) is a Trainz Plus only feature and is only available to Trainz Plus subscribers. N3V have never hidden this fact. If you want S20 you have to get the subscription. If you want to see the latest Marvel movies and TV series (Ms Marvel is my favourite) then you will need to get the Disney+ subscription. It is simple.

S20, or more likely its updated successor, will probably appear in a future retail Trainz release.

My thoughts.

How are they going to continue as a company if they don't produce new products ? They cant live off DLC alone.

Back