the complete disappearance of all the TURF FX

dangavel

2019 SP4 ....two hours of laying TURF fx yesterday, today, its all disappeared and I cant add any new Turf either , its not on the session layer and I added other assets after doing the grass,which are visible, so I know I saved the game correctly. any ideas ?
NB, an extended database repair has returned things to 'normal " but I'm just waiting for the next bizarre thing to happen ..... I added a number of trees last night before quitting and they haven't returned..... to put the cap on it, every time i log in , write a post and go to add it, I have to log in again, even though I've only been logged in for a matter of seconds.
its doing it again now, this is enough to try the patience of a saint.

Last edited:
This is a "feature" with TurfFX. This is caused by your video card actually and I found it to be hardware dependent. The solution I found is removing large swaths that won't be seen by the driver because all it does is eat memory.

My general rule is don't make the area any larger than you would grass splines, like grass splines don't put it where it can't be seen, and don't go out any more than 50-meters on either side of the tracks (5-squares). I noticed too that it looks really weird when placed way out away from the camera as the grass turns to funny-looking shards of plastic and spikes.

This is a "feature" with TurfFX. This is caused by your video card actually and I found it to be hardware dependent. The solution I found is removing large swaths that won't be seen by the driver because all it does is eat memory.

My general rule is don't make the area any larger than you would grass splines, like grass splines don't put it where it can't be seen, and don't go out any more than 50-meters on either side of the tracks (5-squares). I noticed too that it looks really weird when placed way out away from the camera as the grass turns to funny-looking shards of plastic and spikes.

You can stop that, with the correct settings you can stop it appearing at a certain distance, don't ask I forgot what I did!

You can stop that, with the correct settings you can stop it appearing at a certain distance, don't ask I forgot what I did!

Cool! I must go check that out. Don't worry, I'll forget where it is once I find the settings. :eek:

Back