should I update to SP5 or remain at SP4 ?

dangavel

Having only been using sp4 for a month or so, I'm increasingly annoyed by things like track that disappears for no apparent reason, my inability to change the route thumbnail, the rippling terrain between boards and the complete disappearance of all the TURF FX I laid yesterday ( its not in the session either) the grass assets i added after doing the turf FX are all there ,so it cant be my saving wrongly .
I must admit i wasn't expecting that little occurrence, but increasingly I yearn for TANE , for some reason 2019 does not seem to resister the presence of some assets.
Even though I save every time I quit the game, on start up it asks if I want to submit edits, even though its been done the day before. On those occasions, it is increasingly resembling the smelly dog poo that one occasionally has the misfortune to step in.
Would these annoyances disappear if I updated to sp5 or will I just replace them with different set of problems, also, with SP5 using a different asset build ,are there any downsides to moving up, such as compatibility, assets being unavailable, obsoleted etc. ?

Last edited:
Dan if you have the HD space and want to be save
Install a fresh new SP5, make a copy of your local folder you have in SP4
and redirect that copy to the new SP5.
then you can have them side by side and decide what you want to keep
SP5 fixes some bugs from SP4 but not all.

Dan if you have the HD space and want to be save
Install a fresh new SP5, make a copy of your local folder you have in SP4
and redirect that copy to the new SP5.
then you can have them side by side and decide what you want to keep
SP5 fixes some bugs from SP4 but not all.
unfortunately my HD space is limited on my laptop, could run an external I suppose, but would have to buy a new drive to format for PC as most of my drives are mac formatted.

If it was me I wouldn't. But that's my opinion. I removed '19 afterwards, happy with my old, out of date Tane.

Back