I thought this might be fixed in 2022 !

So, I just played with the " Bairnsdale to Orbost " route which is new. I did a quick drive with my favorite passenger train starting at Orbost and only got to mile 10 and the game froze but that is not what I was testing. I was testing to see if I could gain access to the " Details " of industries more than once in a drive and I found that I could access " Details " many times in a lot of industries.

The problem I have is that in my favorite ( somewhat old routes ) like the "Rocky Mountains Montana Track" if I'm driving the route I can only access the " Details " of the industries one time each and it seems like rail cars are acting the same way.

This all seemed to go sideways after going through about half of the updates in 2019.

I have made changes to my favorite route and saved in 2022 and that does not fix the problem for me.

If I save my driver progress and re-start the next day I can again access the " Details " of the industries once to see commodities levels and that is all.

I was planning on putting in a ticket about this but now that I see the the new routes don't have this problem, I don't know what to do.

What I would really like is an archive of builds so that I could start over with the 2019 that I paid for and then update till I find the build that used to work best for me:

AI would emit properly from Central Portal Control and I could access the " Detail " of industries as many times as I want during my drive which is always open-ended in my Sessions.

Is anyone else out there having the same problem as me or is it something that just bugs me only????

Thanks

Wild Willy the Wacko

This is the first time I've heard of an issue. What happens when you try to show details the second time?

You could turn on script errors to see if there are errors showing (Trainz settings > Dev > show script exceptions).

Afaik CPC works if you reset the destinations. If not, please submit a bug report.

In theory the latest build has less errors than others (although possibly different errors may appear).

Well, I can't test this now because:

after having this happen:

"So, I just played with the " Bairnsdale to Orbost " route which is new. I did a quick drive with my favorite passenger train starting at Orbost and only got to mile 10 and the game froze but that is not what I was testing. I was testing to see if I could gain access to the " Details " of industries more than once in a drive and I found that I could access " Details " many times in a lot of industries."

and it happened before, but since I have re-installed 2022.

The thing is that after the freeze, my game will no longer launch !

Will I have to re-install 2022 after every time the game freezes while driving?

I was really surprised that each time the game froze, nothing would work, including closing the game, even going to Windows " Task Manager " I see 2022 " Not Responding " in the processes tab but clicking on " End Task " would not close the 2022 window. Yesterday I even played with 2019 for a long time and did other things like access this forum and at the end of the evening I shut down my comp. and now my desktop icon will not start the game and the one in the game files will not start it either.

It takes a long time to re-install and re-load all my favorites, or can I re-install over top of current install just to got the desktop icon to start the game?

There is just no end to the problems!!!!

Wld Willy the Wacko

Last edited:
re-install over top of current install
>>
yes this is no problem.

The concern is how an install can "break".

Given no one else is reporting these issues, it sounds to me like your hardware is having problems. I'd check your disk, RAM, graphics drivers, clean the fan etc

I was looking forward to seeing how this would work, BUT:

re-install over top of current install
>>
yes this is no problem.

The concern is how an install can "break".

Given no one else is reporting these issues, it sounds to me like your hardware is having problems. I'd check your disk, RAM, graphics drivers, clean the fan etc

I did open my comp to blow out the dust ( it's been a few months ) and then I played with 2019 for a day and a half and then I accidently clicked on the 2022 launcher icon instead of 2019 and the darn thing worked !

I guess it was due for a vacation!

It is nice to know that I can re-install over an install, but I can't test that cause you can't fix it if it ain't broke ! ( I learned that working for Bell Tell and I know how frustrating it was for a customer to be told that! )

But, now I know that playing with a different install while one is taking it's break can work. It was really upsetting the last time this happened because I just went and deleted and started over again cause " I own 2022 for life " now and that was a long process!

Thanks

Wild Willy the Wacko

Back