Train Creation Failed

Prince271088

Hi all,

I am just wondering if anyone has encountered this error before?

I have gone to place a consist on the map and continually get the message 'train creation failed'. I have deleted the consist file and recreated it to no avail and the pieces also place individually but for some reason as a consist the train won't display. There is also definitely enough track space so I don't know what's going on with it. The individual parts are all error free too. I have also re-downloaded the individual pieces from the DLS and tried placement on more than one route but got the same result.

The train I was trying to place at the time was the Class 390 Pendolino in Intercity Swallow Livery.

<kuid:656225:101913> Class 390 Pendolino DMRF Car 1 (InterCity Swallow Livery)
<kuid:656225:101915> Class 390 Pendolino DMSO Car 9 (InterCity Swallow Livery)
<kuid:656225:101916> Class 390 Pendolino MF - Car 2 (InterCity Swallow Livery)
<kuid:656225:101925> Class 390 Pendolino MF - Car 4 (Intercity Swallow Livery//City of Lichfield)
<kuid:656225:101918> Class 390 Pendolino MS - Car 6 (InterCity Swallow Livery)
<kuid:656225:101919> Class 390 Pendolino MS - Car 8 (InterCity Swallow Livery)
<kuid:656225:101920> Class 390 Pendolino PTF - Car 3 (InterCity Swallow Livery)
<kuid:656225:101922> Class 390 Pendolino TS - Car 5 (InterCity Swallow Livery)

If anyone can help that would be grand.

=)

I've encountered that before.

Check that the track coming from the portal is in fact connected to the track leading up to it. In my situation, the track looked connected, but it wasn't. The spline points were lined up nearly perfectly making this truly difficult to find until I decided to replace the track just for giggles after running out of all other options. When I clicked on the track, it snapped into place!

I get that error when the space between the point I click to place the consist and end of the track is not long enough to fit the consist. Try clicking further up the track.

I get that error when the space between the point I click to place the consist and end of the track is not long enough to fit the consist. Try clicking further up the track.

I forgot about that one but then again, I haven't been placing consists recently enough to remember it. The error message could be a bit more informative though.

Not enough space, please try again!

There is a known bug with placing certain cars (fixed in the next pdate) - it's to do with attachment points and spacing. Place the car further away and shift-select the you can use the Merge into single train contextual menu option.

There is a known bug with placing certain cars (fixed in the next pdate) - it's to do with attachment points and spacing. Place the car further away and shift-select the you can use the Merge into single train contextual menu option.

I didnt think it was a bug:hehe:. If I got that when placing a rail car. I would place it a little farther away and then move it into the consist.

Back