Download Station Problems

crb001

Brand new install of TS2019, build 117009. First Class Lifetime DS User. Attempting to download anything from the DS results in a dialogue box display of "Searching." Then it sits there indefinitely. Trying to exit the dialogue hangs content manager and task manager is required to clear it. An asset already installed on my system installs just fine...unless it has to download something and then it also freezes. Internet connect is 100+mb. Chuck

Perhaps your anti-virus is interfering with things? Windows permissions? If it's not that, I'd create a new local data folder, then recheck.

Also check for Firewall and VPN issues. I recently installed a VPN service only to discover that using it blocked all access to the DLS via Content Manager. The VPN went straight to the trash bin.

Also, if you had to terminate via task manager, you should run a database rebuild before doing anything else (including attempting to download again).

Thanks for the help, folks. It was the VPN. However, in this case the VPN has a switch where I can turn it off whenever I need to. So, leave it on most of the time and turn it off when necessary. Perfect.

Back