Scrapbook and terrain height

hutten

Hello,

Can't find the answer to this question. I apologize if I overlooked it.

The scrapbook does not transfer terrain height. Is that how it should be? I use the Brush for the Scrapbook Clone (7 baseboards from a route). It works, the assets are all there but the terrain remains as it was before pasting (in my case: 10m, the base height of the route concerned).
Thanks and regards,

Paul

Hello,

Thanks for the suggestions. In fact I had already tried some things and read the manual when I started this thread.
But here is what I learned today by experimenting.
Some data: The scrapbook item is a linear 7-baseboard piece, so quite large. I used an even larger radius for the paste operation and a 'Natural' shape area.
Initially I had just pasted the scrapbook area by clicking on the new terrain (8 baseboards). It showed no or negligible profile. Today I found out that the hill formation takes a little time. When I clicked and kept the mouse button depressed for a second or two, the terrain profile was copied satisfactorily on the flat terrain. This had to be done by setting absolute height. When I used relative height, the result was the same for just a single short click (very little profile), but when I kept the mouse button depressed, the height profile kept on growing and growing and growing, and the result was useless from the start since also the terrain parts with little elevation became too high, hiding rails etc.
In all cases I used a sensitivity of 100%, so I guess that it can't happen faster than it did.
Even with a good profile the result was not perfect, since several spline points were found to be shifted. The result is usable.
I had to go back to Surveyor 1 to restore the water level. I did not want effect layers to be created, so I chose the None setting for the paste operation.

Regards,
Paul

Back