Some trees aren't seasonal??

autodctr

EMT Tree Pine 03 Tall Seasonal kuid 166065:100994 I have several hundred of these placed above the snow line. All but 8 are white....8 remain green. I cannot delete these 8 trees either. Why? When I went to get the kuid for this tree, I noticed that it said that a newer version was available. Would that cure the problem? If so, how do I go about that?

Thanks in advance!

The seasonal non-capability sounds like a bug in the asset you are using.

You use Content Manager to update the assets.

Right-click on the currently installed version and choose download. This will download the update.

We recommend that you do this regularly to ensure you have current assets.

You can then delete the obsolete ones.

For built-in and DLC, these may be updated via Content Manager but not always. For these assets, you also need to view the updates through View Asset versions - right-click on the asset and choose that and it'll open up in a new window. Choose the version that says Available for Download in the status column.

To help with the daily updating process, I setup a couple of custom filters in Content Manager.

Click on the triangle to the left of "Installed".

You can then add in addition things to query with.

I setup my two as follows:

Out of Date - No Payware, meaning the DLC is not selected but everything else is. This doesn't always work as stated and there's some DLC listed because it's Built-in!

Installed = True (in the pull-down box)
Out of date = True
Payware = False

Once you do this setup, save it and give it a name, so you can use it next time!

The other filter is called Obsolete and not Built in.

Installed = True
Obsolete = True
Packaged = False.

You can delete anything that appears in this view.

OK. D-Led the new version. That did not change them to snow-covered, but it did allow me to delete them. Thanks!

Why not contact the creator of the bugged trees and tell him about it? He may be unaware of it. If he can fix it in another update, then everyone benefits. Try a Private Message via this forum, or check the config file of his assets; it may contain an email address you can use.

Hi,
They are my trees.
They are reskins of Auran Speedtrees.
I have hundreds of them on different routes and none of them show as faulty in this way.

If the asset was faulty then logicaly all of the trees would be faulty.

It may be related to the white tree-flashing bug thay happens in speed trees, not just mine.
Some trees flash white but others don't.

I don't think there is anything that I can fix, I will look tomorrow, getting late here and I'll be off to bed soon.

Cheers,
Graham

I know about the white flashing and have that turned down to eliminate it. (I did have that previously.) The problem I was having was that after planting all the trees and then lowering the snow line, 8 trees out of about 500-600 refused to be "seasonal" and turn white. All were way above the snow line. I figured that I would just delete those 8 and plant new ones there, but they would not delete. After d-ling the new version, they were still white, but I could delete all 8 of them and replace them. All is good right now.

BTW: LOVE those pine trees......I probably have at least 6,000 on the route! Thank you for making them!!!!!!

I wonder if you got some of those "stuck" trees. These sometimes appear on the routes but can't be deleted at first but eventually you can select them and remove them. I've come across these before and it's annoying.

I haven't seen any of them for quite awhile. I kinda miss the trees that would be 500' tall and floating off of the ground that you couldn't delete w/o rebooting tho! Those were interesting.

Back