Trainz Plus TRS22 download confusion

Lataxe

New versions of Trainz don't normally get on to my PC for a good long while, until after the dust has settled and the new version is no longer a beta in disguise. But with TRS22 I decided to take an early plunge just to get at Surveyor 2.0. I duly coughed up the annual fee and was given access to the Trainz Plus TRS22 download page, which had the options to either download the full installer or to download on line via a smaller installer. I chose the former, downloading the multi-Gb file without problem. The installer worked to put TRS22 into a newly-prepared folder, as did the long-winded download of my paid for content and a load of stuff from the DLS to go with Dearnby & District routes I imported, so I could see what Surveyor 2.0 could do with them.

However ....

When I went for a play with a Dearnby route in TRS22, I found myself having access to only the "classic" Surveyor, not Surveyor 2.0. Eventually it dawned on me that I had the retail version of TRS22, not the Trainz Plus version. That is, I had Build 117655.

The page I downloaded from is now no longer available, but I know that this page had the Build number for the Surveyor 2.0 version of TRS22 shown against both sorts of installation files, not Build 117655. Now that this installer has given me and installed Build 117655 in error, I can no longer access the download page with the Surveyor 2.0 Build version, so can't even start again. And anyway, that page appears to have given me the installer for Build 117655 (retail version) of TRS22 in error so presumably it would only do so again!

I've raised a Help Desk ticket but responses to these are glacially slow, so I'm wondering if anyone can tell me how I can get rid of Build 117655 and obtain the Surveyor 2.0 Build of TRS22 that I've actually rented? Thanks in anticipation for any advice you can give.

Lataxe, chewin' a wasp.

You can download the latest version of TRS22 with TRainz Plus from the MyTrainz page on the left and Download TrainzPlus - this shows Build: 117669. Hope this helps.

You can download the latest version of TRS22 with TRainz Plus from the MyTrainz page on the left and Download TrainzPlus - this shows Build: 117669. Hope this helps.

'AFternoon Gary,

Yes, that did help. I don't know why I couldn't find the download page since it must have been there all the time. :) TRS22 with Surveyor 2.0 now installed and the Build 117655 version deleted after moving all my content over from it via a Windows Explorer "move". Everything's working so now I have to learn the tools of Surveyor 2.0.

One thing I noticed, during this process, is that I now have a current FCT with 6 months left on it that's become redundant, as I also have a 365 day FCT that comes with Trainz Plus rental option. I've been swizzed! Where's my refund for that redundant 6 months, eh? (A question for that Tony, not for you, of course).

Lataxe

FCT doesn't run out, you just activate it when your existing one expires. Check MyTrainz and look under my first class tickets.

FCT doesn't run out, you just activate it when your existing one expires. Check MyTrainz and look under my first class tickets.

The annual FCT bought some months ago has been activated for those months and shows an expiry in January 2023. The 365 day FCT that came with Trainz Plus TRS22 rental version is auto-activated and expires at the Trainz Plus rental renewal date of 30/6/23. Two tickets running concurrently, when I only need one.

Lataxe

The annual FCT bought some months ago has been activated for those months and shows an expiry in January 2023. The 365 day FCT that came with Trainz Plus TRS22 rental version is auto-activated and expires at the Trainz Plus rental renewal date of 30/6/23. Two tickets running concurrently, when I only need one.

Lataxe

The cost of any existing FCT is deducted from the subscription. I have a lifetime FCT (no longer available) however the yearly FCT cost is deducted from my subscription, It does however show both FCTs one for the subscription expires in 2023 and the lifetime one that expires in 2036 (Unix problem when the dates run out, similar to the year2k issue in 2000 which will get fixed nearer the time) you won't be paying for two FCTs.

Last edited:
The cost of any existing FCT is deducted from the subscription. I have a lifetime FCT (no longer available) however the yearly FCT cost is deducted from my subscription, It does however show both FCTs one for the subscription expires in 2023 and the lifetime one that expires in 2036 (Unix problem when the dates run out, similar to the year2k issue in 2000 which will get fixed nearer the time) you won't be paying for two FCTs.

Hmmm ... After reading your post I went digging in the N3V FAQs and found this:

. Can I get a refund for any unused FCTs?

A. No you can't get a refund, but you can get a credit for "trading in" your non-activated FCT. We will apply $2/month as a credit on your MyTrainz Membership account for the unused time. Please complete this FCT Credit application form and we will process your account credit within 5 working days. The maximum discount is $2/month or $20/year.

So, no discount on the Trainz Plus price at the time of first renting; and to get any credit for my already-activated FCT I have to fill in a "credit application form". The FAQ seems to suggest, though, that any credit will be limited to "your non-activated FCT". Mine is activated and has been since last January.

Lataxe

Last edited:
That doesn't sound right?
Have you checked it's not actually getting getting discounted? Check how much the actual payment is as it shows the full amount under Trainz Membership, I didn't have to do anything, it was automatic and verified by the reduced amount that was being collected from Paypal.
My lifetime FCT was activated in 2011 and was active when I started the subscription.

Also check if there is a membership discount link at the top of your Membership page.

Back