Edit and Save Session?

Forester1

Greetings! I have a route downloaded from the DLS that has two sessions with missing assets. According to the route creator, these assets are not needed and can be deleted. However, when I go to Edit Session and select "Delete missing assets", my only options are to "Save a new route and session", or "Overwrite this route and:" with choices for the session below. Apart from both options sort of sounding the same, is there any way to just save the session and leave it with the original author's unchanged route? There are other sessions that don't need to be changed, and I don't want to have two versions of the route. Thanks for any advice!

Can you just resave the session with missing assets? I assume it's resaving the route which requires to be done under your KUID.

hi Forester, after cleanup of pure a session where you were forced to save a new route and session
open the cleaned session for edit, and redirect it to the original route in the config.txt
map-kuid <kuid original-route>
after this you can either delete or disable that new cloned route

other option I do here,
I save downloaded route and sessions with new names after cleanup
then disable the originals in CM, I keep them as backup but you won't see them in the startup selection screens

certain routes from others seem to insist on saving the route when you delete or add something in the session layer. To my knowledge, this issue has not been explained as to the cause nor resolved. So you have to jump through hoops as G.M. described.

Tony, I am not sure I follow you? Once I delete the missing assets from the session, the only save options I am presented with are those I described above? There does not seem to be any way to just resave the session for the original route. I think G.M. has presented a couple of answers for me to get it done the way I want.
My greatest desire is to leave routes and sessions in the name of the original creator, although I understand that once I have made changes to them, even just deleting missing assets, there is no option other than to save under my own name, because it technically is no longer the original author's creation. Still, I feel I am usurping the author's hard work by saving such creations in my own name, so it is sort of an ethical dilemma for me.

G.M., Thanks, these are the approaches I will try. Once routes are in my own name, I tend to delete the originals, because they still have the original issues. But as I said to Tony, I am not altogether comfortable with that.

Tony, I am not sure I follow you? Once I delete the missing assets from the session, the only save options I am presented with are those I described above? There does not seem to be any way to just resave the session for the original route. I think G.M. has presented a couple of answers for me to get it done the way I want.
My greatest desire is to leave routes and sessions in the name of the original creator, although I understand that once I have made changes to them, even just deleting missing assets, there is no option other than to save under my own name, because it technically is no longer the original author's creation. Still, I feel I am usurping the author's hard work by saving such creations in my own name, so it is sort of an ethical dilemma for me.

G.M., Thanks, these are the approaches I will try. Once routes are in my own name, I tend to delete the originals, because they still have the original issues. But as I said to Tony, I am not altogether comfortable with that.

It has been suggested by some that you can go ahead and let the route and session be saved. But then delete the new route since nothing has actually changed, it is just a nag from Trainz. I have not verified this. An example is the South Park Line. Yes, there are compelling cases where you wish to leave the route of another unchanged.

You can "fix" the saved under your kuid problem, open route for edit, change kuid back to the original one, then do not submit it as it will fail but import the route folder from editing, that works.

Back