How do I change the wheelsound?

DARTrider

Goofy Fictional RR Owner
Hello everyone, I've been trying for a while now to change the <kuid2:37581:1221:5> Generic Wheelsound in TRS19 to something a lot better, Wearsprada's <kuid2:506034:18100:2> xVg bogey sound #1(gondola), as the sounds are a lot more realistic and better suit the railcars I want them on.

However, replacing the wheelsound from the <kuid2:37581:1221:5> Generic Wheelsound to Wearsprada's <kuid2:506034:18100:2> xVg bogey sound #1(gondola) on the <kuid2:103021:100829:3> Barber S1 33inch Trucks Black Weathered, one of the most common bogeys in my asset library in terms of how much it is used, doesn't do anything. It still plays that generic wheelsound instead of the xVg sounds.

Why is this? Is it because of the track I'm running it on?

Thank you!

Without looking at this particular item, I have noted JR has a habit of using nonstandard sound names and then using their own scripts to make them actually trigger.

Using Wearsprada's sound set alone may not be enough.

I actually ran into this same problem before, but I have found a fix. Try to change the version number of
the bogey asset in the track-sound container from <kuid2:103021:100829:2> to <kuid2:103021:100829:3>.

I actually ran into this same problem before, but I have found a fix. Try to change the version number of
the bogey asset in the track-sound container from <kuid2:103021:100829:2> to <kuid2:103021:100829:3>.

Why would you want to up-version an asset like that?

That will break other assets that use the sound as it is. If anything, clone that asset and create your own and use your own for your own use.

Why would you want to up-version an asset like that?

That will break other assets that use the sound as it is. If anything, clone that asset and create your own and use your own for your own use.

This means you have to replace the KUID for every single thing that uses it.

This means you have to replace the KUID for every single thing that uses it.

That is what a obsolete table is for. You have the newly cloned KUID obsolete the other kuid, so you dont have to replace it in every instance used.

Why would you want to up-version an asset like that? That will break other assets that use the sound as it is. If anything, clone that asset and create your own and use your own for your own use.

track-sound
{
{
track-sound <kuid2:506034:18100:1>
priority 10
bogey <kuid2:103021:100829:3>
}
}

The config file of the asset in question is <kuid2:103021:100829:3>. I changed the bogey tag in the track-sound container to correspond to the main asset KUID and
version.

So what you are saying is that by changing this, it will cause other assets to break? I think you might actually be right, because other assets may rely on older versions of the trucks.
I thought doing this would be helpful, but I guess it's just doing more harm than good.

@DARTrider: Another reason why you are hearing the Generic wheelsound is possibly because of another bogey in your consist that has a higher priority. On certain rolling stock, the sounds overtake other sounds. One question about how you got <kuid2:103021:100829:3>. Was it packaged? From a DLC? I am not sure as to how when you change it to priority 1 then it goes back to zero. Maybe cloning is the best solution.

I just only want to help, not to make things worse for anyone. I apologize for any inconvenience that I might have caused. Feeling quite ashamed of myself. :(

Last edited:
Back