Issue connecting to the download station

I believe I may have found the issue. I had a friend who had Trainz a new era installed on their old laptop. They brought it over and connected to my WIFI and tried to download something. They are getting the same error I did so I believe it's a issue with Spectrum

Long shot but have you tried changing the DNS server to something like Google or Open DNS?

Worked for me when I was on a mobile connection out in the sticks.

I am almost sure: If N3V DLS would use port 80 like most modern sites, the problem would be resolved. And, when using Android on the cell phone, you use Google as a browser. Cell phone connects to Verizon and downloads, when connected to T-Mobile no downloads are possible. And when confronting their tech support, most of the times they have no clue of what you are talking about. Another ISP? Pricing and availability is a factor where I live. Considering T-Mobile is giving up to 430Mhz on their 5G, that is hard to beat for $50/month. In fact, for that Nationwide price I would hereby recommend everyone to change to it. But because of the port issue, I don't. So, who moves: The mountain or the ant?

In normal use, Port 80 is unsecured HTTP and port 443 is HTTPS. Since HTTP is not secure, most sites have switched to HTTPS, which means port 443. So no, most modern sites should NOT be using port 80. Most browsers will warn of an unsecured site on port 80, and are set to default to 433.

In normal use, Port 80 is unsecured HTTP and port 443 is HTTPS. Since HTTP is not secure, most sites have switched to HTTPS, which means port 443. So no, most modern sites should NOT be using port 80. Most browsers will warn of an unsecured site on port 80, and are set to default to 433.

From the test I did it looks like it's switching to 433 for the downloads, port 80 is established but not actually doing anything, that wasn't the case last time I checked which was a couple or more years ago when it was downloading on 80 and 433 wasn't showing.

Back