Issue connecting to the download station

SOOfan2500

Hello,
I recently got back into Trainz after a few years and I'm having issues connecting to the download station. I recently purchased Trainz 2019 Platinum edition, and have installed the game and it says it is linked to my account. However when I try to download anything from the download station it will say connection interrupted. Any suggestions on how to get this fixed? I have also included a Picture of the error I'm getting.

289692863_771342050709218_9043257761062983723_n.png

Welcome back to Trainz!

Check your firewall and ensure that TRS19.exe is allowed through.

Check your antivirus/anti-malware program and exclude TRS19.exe and your data-folder (build folder) to ensure that TRS19.exe can open. read, and write files. This will also help with overall performance too when using TRS19 because the antivirus program won't be interrupting and scanning each and every file that's touched by TRS19.

Don't feel bad my download speed is so slow now even with the first class ticket never had a problem before and tried everything & my internet is work as it should, so I think it's on their end.

Don't feel bad my download speed is so slow now even with the first class ticket never had a problem before and tried everything & my internet is work as it should, so I think it's on their end.

You're right, I just checked.

The DLS is really slow and even really large assets don't display the MB/s.

The weird thing is I checked my firewall and TRS19.exe doesn't even show up in my firewall list. I went in and manually tried to put TRS2019.exe in and it is still not working.

If you are downloading large items, this is a common result. For some reason Trainz finishes the download but then doesn't seem to know it. In T:ANE, you could just right-click the asset and select "Download" again, and it would just instantly complete the download, because it is already there. in 2019, it does not seem to be able to do this and you often have to start the download over again, and it will complete the second time. Now having said this, I am on 2019 SP5 and have not seen this occur in quite some time, so you may want to make sure your SPs are up to date.

So I'm still getting the connection interrupted error. I have went in and made sure I selected TRS2019 and given it permission to run so I'm out of ideas at this point.

Working ok here, downloading at 1.16 MB/s on a large file. Server in U.S. so not sure what's happening there

So I'm still getting the connection interrupted error. I have went in and made sure I selected TRS2019 and given it permission to run so I'm out of ideas at this point.

Did you exclude the TRS19.exe and data folders from Antivirus real-time scanning?

Are you using a wireless connection?

What internet provider do you have? I have T-Mobile and can't download anything for more than a year now. Before anyone tries to answer to this: the problem is due to DLS using port 21 and my IP working on port 80. So, if I really need to download, I have to take my laptop to a local coffee shop (They use other provider there) and it works perfectly, but not at home. Any clues?

I have Spectrum, maybe that's the issue?

You did allow TRS19.exe through by checking the boxes right, on the Windows Firewall?

If you did, then Contact Spectrum about this.

It could be that they have a hard-coded policy in place on the router that's blocking the application from communicating as it should.

What internet provider do you have? I have T-Mobile and can't download anything for more than a year now. Before anyone tries to answer to this: the problem is due to DLS using port 21 and my IP working on port 80. So, if I really need to download, I have to take my laptop to a local coffee shop (They use other provider there) and it works perfectly, but not at home. Any clues?

Have you talked to T-Mobile?

They have to change something on their managed firewall.

You did allow TRS19.exe through by checking the boxes right, on the Windows Firewall?

If you did, then Contact Spectrum about this.

It could be that they have a hard-coded policy in place on the router that's blocking the application from communicating as it should.

I checked in windows firewall and it shows TRS2019.exe should have access to it

Long ago I had no problem using Spectrum. Today, T-Mobile, via cell, or home internet (LTE or 5G) blocks access due to the port issue. Checked with T-Mobile and they blame N3V, and N3V blames T-Mobile. The fact that I can connect and download via tethering with a cell phone using Verizon, shows all my settings to be correct. I am surprised no one else has brought this issue here before.

Long ago I had no problem using Spectrum. Today, T-Mobile, via cell, or home internet (LTE or 5G) blocks access due to the port issue. Checked with T-Mobile and they blame N3V, and N3V blames T-Mobile. The fact that I can connect and download via tethering with a cell phone using Verizon, shows all my settings to be correct. I am surprised no one else has brought this issue here before.

I would find another internet service. There are plenty out there that would be more than willing to take your business away from T-Mobile.

I believe I may have found the issue. I had a friend who had Trainz a new era installed on their old laptop. They brought it over and connected to my WIFI and tried to download something. They are getting the same error I did so I believe it's a issue with Spectrum

Back