Inzer - South Ural Mountains

IsambardKingdomBrunel

Joined June 2001
Lovely route, scenery wise. But why no track marks, named stations or named industries.

Only one session provided and almost no chance of creating my own. Without named destinations or track marks.

I do not know what the areas are called, as i have no knowledge of this part of the world.

Also had missing track sections, junctions at the top end of the route. But the rest as far as i drove, about 20 miles seemed ok.

No idea how much this route costs, as i installed it through my Gold Membership. But surely selling half finished DLC, cannot reflect well on N3V or the author.

Running in TRS22 Plus.

Mike.

Hello!
The route and session is a complete product and has a map and one session.
You have every opportunity, based on the base session (not the route), to create and configure (including name) as many scenarios as you like.
I have already answered this question many times.
My next sessions for this route will be in the store when I have time to create them.

You might have placed a few track marks in the one provided session. But the normal practice is to populate the route layer with track marks, station names, industry names etc. But none of this exists and in a payware route, in my opinion it is not good enough at £32+ for the release.

No worries i will just uninstall it, lesson learned.

Each session has its own labels in the session layer. Each session has its own speed limits to regulate the movement of bots. The route was built in the early stages of the TPC19 pre-release and additional script loads were superfluous, at least it was when the route was sent to the store, there were also no high-quality locomotives and wagons at all. In addition, the new platform for uploading content to the store was in the testing phase and what was uploaded is what it is now.

Your opinion is very valuable to me, feel free to speak positively about the route, I wish you a pleasant game and try your hand at the route builder part, maybe then we can talk about the price.

Hi there Oleg. I purchased this great looking route for TRS2019.I have found, as mentioned, the lack of any other sessions except the 1 and only that downloaded with the route. There are no track marks or industries that one can identify. I cannot even set up my own sessions as I do not know the names of geographical areas. If I had known I would not have purchased this route. Very expensive and totally useless to play with. I expected sessions that actually worked as sessions do when other payware routes are purchased. Do I feel ripped off? Absolutely. A great disappointment.

Last edited:
I think this may be a regional difference.

Many other Russian/Eastern European routes I've seen have relatively few trackmarks, named interactive industries, etc, and most included sessions in payware packages for these regions are essentially "Drive this train from Point A to Point B according to this timetable."

I'm not qualifying this as a "good" or "bad" thing, but I think it may be more common in these regions to not​ do what IsambardKingdomBrunel calls "normal practice".

Thanks for your input soap. However this particular layout Priced at close to $60 Aus has nothing. I know of no other route, Eastern European or otherwise that has nothing to work on. I own Andrushka - Vinnitza, Balzino - Mosti and Belorussian Woodland- all great layouts created by Oleg. All able to be played with. Inzer to South Urals , unfortunately, is a one off from Oleg. He admits it is not on par with his other work. Maybe if he actually made a session or even placed some identifying track marks or industries so that one can actually do something, other than drive blind. But as is, it is disappointingly unplayable. At that price one would expect some sort of playable route. Had I known, I would not have purchased it. Just nice scenery and lots of trackage. It is unusable. Full Stop. I will not uninstall as the other user has done, in the hope that Oleg will eventually come to the table and give me some value for money, I have spent on his product. My advice to others, do not buy this layout as it stands.

Last edited:
Of all the routes, Inzer and Beloretsk are real!
These are the most accurate copies in the game! If somewhere on the route there is no sign or identification marks, then they are not on the real terrain.
This is Russia, gentlemen, you can’t see anything like that there, they still don’t have a sewerage system and they go to the toilet outside (I have such wooden toilets on Balezino and on some other routes).

I'm sorry that this route didn't live up to your expectations, but the community at the construction stage always pointed out that there is no such thing on the ground, why I put it there, etc. Moreover, there were dissatisfaction with my previous routes because of fiction.
So I'm coming to the conclusion that you can't please everyone.
In particular, on Inzer, after being sent to the store, I had to give up a lot and replace it with other objects, since there were a lot of errors. The shipment itself lasted more than a year and underwent 14 changes (Beloretsk 24 changes and many years).

The second aspect is the route specifically for driving, and on a locomotive with real control, as in life on a real railway (there are such locomotives in the game). Where you need to turn everything on correctly, run it in a certain sequence and skillfully manage it. By the way, there are breakdowns in such locomotives, it breaks down on the way with inept driving. That is, a complete simulation of a locomotive driver - only if I put such a scenario, then out of a hundred who bought, at best, one user who knows how to actually drive trains would go. How many of you are like that?
All the rest would not even be able to move off - then there would be more indignation than the absence of a sign.

Last edited:
I have been resisting commenting, but it seems very clear to me that the description in the Trainz Store describes it very accurately. It talks only about the accuracy of the route to the prototype. As you say Oleg, I am sure you know by now there is no pleasing everyone. That is why so many creators stop creating, because of the complainers. Perhaps these folks should have inquired about the route on the forums before purchasing if they had the concerns they are stating above. Then they could have made an informed decision. Thank you for all of the creative work you put into Trainz, especially during these hard times. Trainz certainly would not be the same without your creative contributions!

Hi

Just to add a little balance here, I much prefer routes with few or no trackmarks. I create AI only sessions and the vast majority of trackmarks are never where I need them. Usually the first thing I do is strip out almost all of the trackmarks which usually means saving the route with my own kuid.

In my opinion trackmarks should be on their own layer in the session layer so that someone like me can delete the lot just by deleting that layer.

I would imagine that Oleg has far too much on his mind at the moment to spend time with sessions in Trainz.

Regards

Brian

Oleg your reply to my complaint does not address my concern regarding the non ability to step into a locomotive and drive to a destination...Full Stop. The route is very well constructed and highly scenic. That is not the issue. When I bought the route, the advertising mentioned nothing about actually having to place trackmarks and other identifiable destinations so one can actually run a session. Your other routes are excellent. I have no issue with them. Please do not take offence. But I, as your customer feel that the advertised product was not of your usual standard. As I have asked previously, perhaps if you were to place some identifiable destinations and even create a session or two, it would make your product worthy of the amount I and others paid. If this is not to your liking, please amend the advertising in the Trainz Store to reflect the fact that that there are no sessions that come with the purchase and that one has to place one's own trackmarks and identifiable destinations to enable a self created session. This would enable prospective customers to make an informed decision regarding the purchase. I wish for you to do this in good faith.

@ Kennilworth yes you may like having to place your own track marks and identifiable destinations, by all means enjoy. But on a payware route whereby this fixing of the route is not mentioned in pre purchase advertising, Nope. Not on. That is the crux of my complaint. I did not get a complete product. When I buy a product I expect it to be complete and playable. That does not mean me having to fix the route beforehand so I can actually drive to a destination that is identifiable.

@ forester. As a consumer I expect a completed product. You mention the route being advertised as being prototypical. Yes it is and if you bother to actually read my gripe from my previous posts , you will understand that that is not my issue. My issue is the lack of identifiable destinations, to enable a playable session.

"Perhaps these folks should have inquired about the route on the forums before purchasing if they had the concerns they are stating above".

Yes forester, That is what the advertising in the Trainz store is expected to convey. I should not have to comb the forum, as you suggest, to find out the current status of a payware item advertised in the Trainz Store. The advertising of the product is the information that I am relying on to make an informed decision regarding purchase of said product.

Complainer? Me, forester? Absolutely! I have every right to complain when my hard earned cash is spent on a product that is not up to a usable standard. Creators not happy so they stop creating? Good. Don't create something and place it in the marketplace without it being of a playable standard. If this were a freeware item, I would shut my mouth, but payware? Nah, Creators of payware had better make sure their creations are up to scratch. And that the advertising reflects the contents of the product. I have stated the bleeding obvious, unless other armchair critics want to have a crack at me. But before you do, purchase the item and look for yourselves before commenting. Put your money where your mouth is. Then you will have every right to comment. Knock yourselves out. I am done. Cheerio and happy trainzing...bolivar out.:cool:

Last edited:
Back