Invisible roads are invisible (no cars will spawn) in Driver

chili46

Submitted a ticket for the Dev team to research.

General Information
Ticket ID#WCC-666-35305
First and Last NameChili46
Email
TypeSupport
PriorityNormal

Subject: Invisible Roads
It appears that invisible roads on the maps are just that - completely invisible (i.e., no traffic). This use to work and it appears to be broken on SP3, 4, and 5.

Here's what I found: The tag: invisible 1 is what has broken the assets (all, not just the ones I've created.) Setting invisible to 0 and cars will spawn and be visible when in Driver.

This is not a request for help, but rather a pointer to what has been broken so that the Dev team might be able to fix it.

Last edited:
A tip. Remove your email address from the above post. All forum posts would be scanned by automated bots that look for email addresses for spamming.

Use these Car Generators from the DLS to show how it is done for them to work correctly.
typical DLS <kuid2:95230:101322:1>
Jons Oneway invisible 1L np "Generator TR for 2 Lanes no passing"
Jons Oneway invisible 2L np "Generator TR for 2,3, & 4 Lane highways no passing "
Jons Oneway invisible 3L np "Generator TR for 3, & 4 Lane highways no passing"

TR=Traffic Generated
Carz will then Pass the slower carz once generated onto the roads.
Use the invisible Oneway passing roads for them to allow passing.

I have many on the DLS that work perfectly for 1, 2, & 3 Lanes
They generate Carz in surveyor and Driver but they have truly invisible Lines.
Cheers.

Last edited:
Been there, done that, but the issue is that invisible roads with carrate a non-zero value SHOULD automatically spawn carz in Driver. It doesn't or if it does the carz are invisible.

Got a reply from the Helpdesk. Yes, this is a known issue and the Dev team is working on it. No estimate yet as to when it might be solved.

My own take: Until then, the traffic spawners will work. Some better than others. My choice right now, for the way I'm using invisible roads, is BNSF50's Road Car Spawner NC BSF50 <kuid2:39134:102324:1> and Road Car Spawner BSF50 <kuid2:39134:101138:3>

Last edited:
Back