Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Airport and Air Flight Screenshots (Warning Large Screenshots)

Quote Originally Posted by Lewiscc65 View Post
    I have a crop duster on my route also. I even have a firefighting helicopter spraying water on a forest fire. I will see if I can get pictures posted, have not found a fast way to do it.
    Save from within Trainz and upload to the Trainz gallery. Then copy the URL and paste into your post.

Work in progress.

Very nice Vulcan! Good to see that Bonanza!
    "When the power of love overcomes the love of power then the world will know peace." Jimi Hendrix

My Heathrow control tower view over the whole of the airport.

United States of America, Georgia, Rocky Face
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Forester1 View Post
    A Lockheed L1011 would be another big one, Not sure what liveries are out there.
    There are several Lockheed L-1011's on the DLS, just make sure you include the hyphen, or you won't find them. There are liveries for:
    Air Transat
    Air France
    Pan Am
    Alia - Royal Jordanian
    Gulf Air
    LTU
    British Airways

The British Airways liveried one would be the one to go with because Birtish Airways was one of the primary users of the L-1011, along with Delta Air Lines and Eastern Air Lines, the latter of which introduced the L-1011.
    Owner of Freeman Locomotive Works.

As part of my current project I have decided I need to build the village of Kirkburn which was on the approach to the airfield. Here it is in Surveyor. By an odd coincidence the main road lines up with the runway.

Kirkburn Village 3.7.22 by A1 Northeastern, on Flickr
    MSI Gaming 9 ACK mobo-Intel i7 5960X-Samsung 970 Evo Pro 240GB M2 SSD Nvidia RTX 2070 GPU 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws 3600Mhz DDR4 RAM

A B-52 Stratofortress takes off from RAF Driffield.

Stratofortress at RAF Driffield 3.7.22 by A1 Northeastern, on Flickr
    MSI Gaming 9 ACK mobo-Intel i7 5960X-Samsung 970 Evo Pro 240GB M2 SSD Nvidia RTX 2070 GPU 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws 3600Mhz DDR4 RAM

This is my latest attempt to model the ammo dumps at the airfield. In the book I have there is just one small diagram without much detail so I have had to use a bit of imagination. They have all gone and just show a vague outline on Google Earth. I did find this video of some ammo dups at RAF Binbrook.

Avro Lancaster RAF Driffield Ammo Dump 4.7.22 by A1 Northeastern, on Flickr

Kirkburn village is now more or less complete and here it is with a Gloster Meteor homing in on the distant runway.

Kirkburn Village 7.7.22 by A1 Northeastern, on Flickr

An interesting video about runway markings.
    https://youtu.be/k_CrrAfEQHE

Quote Originally Posted by lewisner View Post
    This is my latest attempt to model the ammo dumps at the airfield. In the book I have there is just one small diagram without much detail so I have had to use a bit of imagination. They have all gone and just show a vague outline on Google Earth. I did find this video of some ammo dups at RAF Binbrook.
    Oh, you'd better put the Memphis Belle in there if you're putting in B-17's!
    The world would be a better place if people learned the difference between right and wrong, and stood up to those who do wrong.

A Messerschmitt BF 109 and a Spitfire from RAF Driffield have a mini dogfight over Garton station as the stationmaster checks the price of a single ticket to Berlin for the pilot.

Dogfight Over Garton Station 8.7.22 by A1 Northeastern, on Flickr

A really interesting and inspiring thread. Thank you everyone, I shall have to have a go at this!

The Beechcraft Bonanza is available and two Vampires, in Australian and New Zealand colours, you might have to wait for Pascal to reskin in British colours.

Ian

Quote Originally Posted by vulcan View Post
    The Beechcraft Bonanza is available and two Vampires, in Australian and New Zealand colours, you might have to wait for Pascal to reskin in British colours.

Ian
    Fabulous looking plane, thanks very much ! I recently watched an RAF airshow video where these babies were flying.