Airport and Air Flight Screenshots (Warning Large Screenshots)

I am really enjoying this thread; it is great to see all of these creative ideas! Stagecoach, regarding your token system, that it a wonderfully creative method of programming for handling AI traffic control!

My token is an adaption of the "Post Message" and "Wait for Message and Clear" to which I've added a lot more message containers for use on bigger routes. I altered the names to Token and more than doubled the number available.

Thanks for the input and great photos ! Vulcan, since I have a LOT of fields that crop sprayer is a definite future addition ! Edit* What would be a normal height and speed for crop dusting ?

Last edited:
The At802 is an American aircraft, at 1295 hp, I believe I read that it is one of the most powerful single engined commercial aircraft in the world. In Australia they are also used as fire fighting aircraft. Maximum speed is 191 mph, spraying speed is normally 130 to 160 mph.

Over congested areas crop duster planes cannot fly below 1000 feet. Over rural land, they may operate at a minimum of 500 feet. While spraying crops, pilots have to do their best to reduce drift of the chemicals, which means flying as low as possible. They can then fly down to about 8 feet above the crops. As it is American I have used imperial units.

This is the pattern I use for the cropduster, the Aircraft Action Trigger used at each run will turn on or off the spray, trigger setting 3 or the V key.

airport5.jpg

Ian

Last edited:
The At802 is an American aircraft, at 1295 hp, I believe I read that it is one of the most powerful single engined commercial aircraft in the world. In Australia they are also used as fire fighting aircraft. Maximum speed is 191 mph, spraying speed is normally 130 to 160 mph.

Over congested areas crop duster planes cannot fly below 1000 feet. Over rural land, they may operate at a minimum of 500 feet. While spraying crops, pilots have to do their best to reduce drift of the chemicals, which means flying as low as possible. They can then fly down to about 8 feet above the crops. As it is American I have used imperial units.

This is the pattern I use for the cropduster, the Aircraft Action Trigger used at each run will turn on or off the spray, trigger setting 3 or the V key.

airport5.jpg

Ian

Thanks, that looks like a lot of work but I will have a crack at it !

Another thing that was a lot of work was the aircraft hangars which are what is known as a "Type C Hangar". I built them out of 50 foot wall splines around "Hangar Avion" so that I could have the end doors. They are a bit too tall but look OK. The ones at Driffield were concrete but they looked so ugly that I decided to use brick. I can't find any way to replicate the large side windows as there are no window splines on the DLS. There's a nice set of photos of different hangar types here http://www.ukairfields.org.uk/hangar-types.html

RAF Driffield Type C Hangar 31.6.22 by A1 Northeastern, on Flickr

Last edited:
I've been creating an airfield with historic aircraft as part of a larger virtual transport museum featuring all kinds of vehicles but it is still very much WIP. I've added invisible track to the runway and taxiways so the aircraft can take off so it is kind of operational. It's great to see the airfield/airports other Trainzers have came up with and very inspiring. I am building a passenger airport in my main route and will take some shots next time I open that route.

Awesome! I see there's a 707 and a Concorde in there, maybe some form of Tupolev airliner? Anyways, if you're talking about historic aircraft, I recommend the 747, as it brought air travel overseas to the middle class and revolutionized the way we haul passengers.

Awesome! I see there's a 707 and a Concorde in there, maybe some form of Tupolev airliner? Anyways, if you're talking about historic aircraft, I recommend the 747, as it brought air travel overseas to the middle class and revolutionized the way we haul passengers.

For what airline the 747 should be painted for, I suggest Pan Am, given that they were the launch customer for the 747. And you happen to be in luck, there's a 747 in Pan Am colors on the DLS: 'Boeing 747-121 Pan Am (1970+) Startup', <kuid2:590184:100172:3>, by Rob725.

For what airline the 747 should be painted for, I suggest Pan Am, given that they were the launch customer for the 747. And you happen to be in luck, there's a 747 in Pan Am colors on the DLS: 'Boeing 747-121 Pan Am (1970+) Startup', <kuid2:590184:100172:3>, by Rob725.

Absolutely, of course no historic aircraft collection would be complete without the iconic Boeing 747, in Pam-Am livery indeed.
I have also added a Tupolev-22 and a few smaller aircraft. Let me know if you have any other suggestions to add to my collection.

The-iconic-Boeing-747-in-Pan-Am-livery-at-GT-Transport-Museum.jpg

I have a crop duster on my route also. I even have a firefighting helicopter spraying water on a forest fire. I will see if I can get pictures posted, have not found a fast way to do it.

A Lockheed L1011 would be another big one, Not sure what liveries are out there. I like some of those classic props in the background! For general aviation, I wonder if there are any V-tailed Bonanzas out there.

Last edited:
I have a crop duster on my route also. I even have a firefighting helicopter spraying water on a forest fire. I will see if I can get pictures posted, have not found a fast way to do it.

The easiest way is to open a (free) Flickr account and once you upload your photo to the site, click on the "Share" curved arrow then select BB Code scroll to Original (size) then copy the link and paste it here.

This is an aerial view of the airfield in Surveyor, I have just got a book about RAF Driffield and the ammo dumps will need to be altered. There are 32 "Frying Pan" dispersal pads for aircraft so it's quite a big place. There's a version of it for Flight Simulator but I don't have that.

RAF Driffield Aerial View 2.7.22 by A1 Northeastern, on Flickr

Save from within Trainz and upload to the Trainz gallery. Then copy the URL and paste into your post.

A Lockheed L1011 would be another big one, Not sure what liveries are out there.

There are several Lockheed L-1011's on the DLS, just make sure you include the hyphen, or you won't find them. There are liveries for:
Air Transat
Air France
Pan Am
Alia - Royal Jordanian
Gulf Air
LTU
British Airways

The British Airways liveried one would be the one to go with because Birtish Airways was one of the primary users of the L-1011, along with Delta Air Lines and Eastern Air Lines, the latter of which introduced the L-1011.

Back