Screen Resolution

josefdoc

Hi all,

What would be the best screen resolution for TRS22 on a 27" monitor? PC specs are as follows:

Intel i5
8GB RAM
GeForce GTX 960 GPU

Thanks,

Josef

Definitely not maximum. You are going to have to try different ones and see when you get one that still allows you to get the FPS that you are looking for.

I'd suggest 1080. If the frame rates are too low (as I suspect they probably will be with just an i5 and a gtx card) modify the settings until they are adequate.

Probably the first thing you should try is turning off shadows as they will cause stuttering as you move around. I played for years using a GTX 780 and turning off shadows helped a lot. It probably wouldn't hurt if you added an extra stick of ram. Best to get a matched pair if you can afford it. If nothing else, the extra ram will help with everything else you use your computer to do. Good luck.

Jack

Josef - Always use the default refresh rate and resolution for the target monitor. Most 27" monitors are at least 1920 by 1080 (i.e. 'Full HD'/ 1080p @60Hz) - or higher.
Otherwise, your CPU and GPU will have to work harder to rescale the display resolution.
Trainz usually correctly detects the resolution and refresh rate during installation.
You can then change the level of detail and graphics quality settings in the Performance tab of the Trainz Settings menu on the Launcher dialog to get the best frame-rates and image quality/ appearance to suit your display and CPU/GPU combo.

Back