losing control

captainpugwash

Hi, can anyone tell me why, when using AI instructions, it flips to "this train is not under user control"? For no apparent reason, like riding a red signal, I lose control.
Build 117009. Whilst using Georgetown to Tarin Rocks, I initially used engines NSWGR class 43 loco's on my consist, when I went to "drive" the AI instructions were taken off-screen and the message "this train is not under user control" came up. I experimented with different things but the problem seemed cured when I replaced the 2 class 43's with class 45's. However, an hour and ten minutes into the session, loading/unloading, picking up and dropping off wagons, it suddenly flipped into no control mode after I add another 2 locos to the consist. Another thing that happened was just before it flipped I tried to stop the train by going to the AI instructions and using stop train, but all it would let me do is "add driver" or "get off train". Whilst not under driver control it still carries out the AI instructions.

Some fixed track industry or station type assets have scripts that will take control of your consist, but it should return to user control after the script runs. The MIN's dont seem to do this, so it may just depend on the assets in the route your using, not the loco? Just a guess

One reason could be the number of drivers in the consist. I found that sometimes a driver would be placed in every loco like a DMU would have two drivers and this confused the AI. This also happens when two loco's with drivers couple together and you lose the driver control.

Some fixed track industry or station type assets have scripts that will take control of your consist, but it should return to user control after the script runs. The MIN's dont seem to do this, so it may just depend on the assets in the route your using, not the loco? Just a guess

Correct. The "takeover" is for the purpose of loading and unloading commodities. For passenger stations there is a "wait time" setting (or something similar) that will control the duration, in seconds, of the wait time.

Thanks, I deleted the drivers from the driver list in the bottom left corner and it did not go into control mode, looks like this was the problem. NEXT question, how do you stop that list from populating when they are not listed in the session set-up? The only drivers I have in the session set-up are the main driver for this consist and five other consist drivers doing different tasks. When you go to "drive session", the on-screen list automatically populates, even with idle engines.

I do recall seeing that problem with an earlier beta build of Trainz Plus but not since the release of the current update. I do not know what the situation is for TRS19 Platinum, but it may be the same issue. As this is the TRS19 forum I am assuming you are referring to TRS19PE.

Are you on the latest TRS19 PE build? Does your copy of TRS22 show the same?

I have build 117009 on my TRS19 platinum. I have not tried my TRS22. I have a computer problem with space, it will not download to a different HD, it wants to instal on my operating HD and there is not enough room. My son is good with computers but I am waiting for him to sort it out.

Back