What is the difference between SAM Trk - B70 v1a and SAM Trk - B70 V1ar tracks

Hello, the question is in the topic and I have the same for SAM Trk -B70 V2 and SAM Trk -B70 V2r.

Moreover, what is the difference between the V1 and the V2?

Thank you for your help.

Michel.

I really wish the game handled long names more gracefully and creators would move away from cryptic naming conventions.

I have seen many times where there are NO words in a name, and still others that have a long name that ends with something that changes (A,B,C or whatever) but in surveyor they all have the same starting words truncated, so you can't tell one from the other.

Cool thing number 1
Cool thing number 2

Becomes

Cool thing n...
Cool thing n...

I really wish the game handled long names more gracefully and creators would move away from cryptic naming conventions.

I have seen many times where there are NO words in a name, and still others that have a long name that ends with something that changes (A,B,C or whatever) but in surveyor they all have the same starting words truncated, so you can't tell one from the other.

Cool thing number 1
Cool thing number 2

Becomes

Cool thing n...
Cool thing n...

It’s a pet peeve of mine too. I try very hard to ensure my own creations have names that are properly descriptive and fit within the visible space. Sometimes I will have an asset that uses all the visible space but then I get an unexpected request to make a variant of it which forces me to append some more characters. It results in the situation you describe. It drives me nuts, but at least the new variant will group alphabetically with others in the series and you can see the full name if you hover the mouse pointer over it.

What really irks me are creators that habitually use long sentences, trying to cram every feature of their objects into a name. Or those who “illegally” put non-English names in the username tag. The first thing I often do after downloading such assets is employ a search-and-replace text editor to condense their names into a “generic English title + number” format. It takes time and only applies locally to my copy of Trainz. Lately I’ve given up doing that, because it is too much effort and is hard to maintain that revised name system when a new version of Trainz is installed.

I think N3V should either allow the name tab to be expanded by mouse-dragging on its left edge, or impose a hard limit on the number of characters allowed. It would also be good if they forced non-English names to use the appropriate username-xx language tags.

Last edited:
I agree with Frogpie and Dinorius_Redundicus.

More explicit names and explanations in the asset detail area would be very useful especially for beginners like me.

I agree with MichelLmbrt, Frogpipe, and Dinorius_Redundicus.

There's nothing like setting up sessions with multiples of the same locomotives with the same or similar names. When it comes time to select the locomotives for the drivers, the names are truncated, so it's difficult finding out which one is which.

Back