Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: RI SD40-2 is gone.

Question RI SD40-2 is gone.

Hello JR! I recently went to go write reviews for my recently purchased content, and I saw that the RI SD40-2 I purchased about a year ago has its link removed. How come this is the case? Is it being updated, or something else? Thank you!
    The world would be a better place if people learned the difference between right and wrong, and stood up to those who do wrong.

Alot of payware content seems to be going missing recently like the SP 4-10-2 from the same site and now the Tinkem 1111 from Trainz Forge.

Plus a couple of the 44 tonners from TF as well.

People pulling payware left and right from sites.

Bet it probably has to do with people either joining or leaving the different groups, and when they leave, their creations no longer are sold.

Blog Entries

It's not gone, still on the website and from what i can tell is in your purchase files download area. May want to check again on it as I dont see anything preventing it from showing up for you.

Quote Originally Posted by jointedrail View Post
    It's not gone, still on the website and from what i can tell is in your purchase files download area. May want to check again on it as I dont see anything preventing it from showing up for you.
    Okay, but the locomotive's page isn't there anymore. I'm no longer able to view the engine when I search "SD40-2" or "Rock Island." Even a google search of "rock island sd40-2 trainz" doesn't show anything. It's not a huge issue, but for someone who may want to purchase it, it could be quite problematic. Here's some screenshots:

I searched "SD40-2" in the site here:

I used the "Rock Island" category here:

The world would be a better place if people learned the difference between right and wrong, and stood up to those who do wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by DARTrider View Post
    Hello JR! I recently went to go write reviews for my recently purchased content, and I saw that the RI SD40-2 I purchased about a year ago has its link removed. How come this is the case? Is it being updated, or something else? Thank you!
    I searched it too and it is gone.

United States of America, Massachusetts, Haverhill

You mean these?

Search Results for “ROCK” – JointedRail.com

Search Results for “RI” – JointedRail.com

My searches work fine.

I recommend clearing your cookies and logging back in. My results might be okay because I did have to log in.
    John
    Trainz User Since: 12-2003
    Trainz User ID: 124863
    Trainz-PLUS: 117669

Quote Originally Posted by JCitron View Post
    You mean these?

Search Results for “ROCK” – JointedRail.com

Search Results for “RI” – JointedRail.com

My searches work fine.

I recommend clearing your cookies and logging back in. My results might be okay because I did have to log in.
    Still not there. TheRock, the creator of the model, is still around. I have no idea why it's gone.
    Last edited by DARTrider; June 26th, 2022 at 02:24 PM.

United States of America, Massachusetts, Haverhill

Still not there. I don't remember the creator of the skin, but NS37, the creator of the model, is still around. I have no idea why it's gone.
    Are you sure you didn't get it elsewhere?

Your download history will contain everything you downloaded. If you did get the model from Jointed Rail, then you should be able to download it again. Depending upon how much you purchased, this might take a while.
    John
    Trainz User Since: 12-2003
    Trainz User ID: 124863
    Trainz-PLUS: 117669

Quote Originally Posted by JCitron View Post
    Are you sure you didn't get it elsewhere?

Your download history will contain everything you downloaded. If you did get the model from Jointed Rail, then you should be able to download it again. Depending upon how much you purchased, this might take a while.
    It's not gone from my download list, it's gone from the site. I got it from JR as my first purchase.
    Here's a snippet of my downloads list. The SP GP9 and everything else has a link, but the RI SD40-2 doesn't.

Blog Entries

See if it shows now. I still don't see anything wrong here.
    https://jointedrail.com/product/emd-sd40-ri/

Quote Originally Posted by jointedrail View Post
    See if it shows now. I still don't see anything wrong here.
    https://jointedrail.com/product/emd-sd40-ri/
    It's back now. I don't know why it was gone in the first place. Maybe during the latest releases someone accidentally deleted it from the listing?

Blog Entries

It's not gone from my download list, it's gone from the site. I got it from JR as my first purchase.
    Here's a snippet of my downloads list. The SP GP9 and everything else has a link, but the RI SD40-2 doesn't.

To be clear, the image shows there is no link to the product page, but your download is still linked. We don't know why the product page became unpublished, maybe a click mistake.

There are more locomotives that are "hidden" and can be found with a more thorough search - for example, when searching menu Payware -> Locomotive model -> EMD -> SD40, neither CNW, B&O SD40-2 nor the new SP SD40T-2 are displayed and can only be found by clicking on another SD40 and clicking in front of the tags.
    That's just an afterthought, because as a layman from abroad I wouldn't have known these CNW, B&O SD40s existed if I didn't happen to see them on Facebook.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sominus View Post
    There are more locomotives that are "hidden" and can be found with a more thorough search - for example, when searching menu Payware -> Locomotive model -> EMD -> SD40, neither CNW, B&O SD40-2 nor the new SP SD40T-2 are displayed and can only be found by clicking on another SD40 and clicking in front of the tags.
    That's just an afterthought, because as a layman from abroad I wouldn't have known these CNW, B&O SD40s existed if I didn't happen to see them on Facebook.
    It is a mystery why they do not appear when selecting that menu. there is nothing intentionally being hidden.