Any way to purchase Legacy of the BN II route only?

Piere

G'day All,

I was wondering if there might be any way I could possibly buy the Legacy of the BN II , but just the route? I know the assets pack can be bought separately. How about the route itself?

I bought the whole pack through the trainz store when I was new to Trainz, before I understood what the limitations of getting payware via N3V were. So I already have everything. But I would just really like to be able to modify or merge the route itself, which is not possible with the N3V version, but I don't want to fork out another $40 bucks or so for the whole pack, which I have already paid for.

Any chance something could be arranged?

Cheers,
Piere.

Hi Piere

As far as I know you should be able to save and modify the route if you have it in TRS19 or TRS22. Just save it under a different name and you should be able to make any modifications to the new version that you wish. I don't think you can do this with Tane, although it is a couple of years since I've used or had Tane installed so I can't be sure.

Regards

Brian

Speaking of this map, I purchased it this year via steam. Not long after that, I discovered on youtube videos directly from this map by its author Wearsprada regarding an upgrade of the entire map including new vegetation and perhaps some map extension/tunnel additions. The videos are from 2018. So the Steam version is obviously still the original - old. In the comment below the video, the author mentioned that a free update will be coming out for owners directly from JR. So am I to understand that auran/steam hasn't updated the map to this day? If so, I'll happily buy it directly from JR and put the steam version away.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

Hi Piere

As far as I know you should be able to save and modify the route if you have it in TRS19 or TRS22. Just save it under a different name and you should be able to make any modifications to the new version that you wish. I don't think you can do this with Tane, although it is a couple of years since I've used or had Tane installed so I can't be sure.

Regards

Brian

G'day Brian, Thanks for the reply.

Yes, I can clone it and modify it as a stand-alone route, but I really want to merge it with other routes which is not possible for the N3V payware version, but would be ok with the version from JR.

Cheers,
Piere.

G'day Brian, Thanks for the reply.

Yes, I can clone it and modify it as a stand-alone route, but I really want to merge it with other routes which is not possible for the N3V payware version, but would be ok with the version from JR.

Cheers,
Piere.

I recommend just buying the route and pack. You’ll be able to edit the engines, as a plus. The original LoBN’s route file is free.

You may want to purchase the content as well as download the freely available route. This may seem redundant, but it is not because you can then uninstall the DLC version and only install this one which you can modify.

If you have both versions installed, this version would be obsolete, and dependencies would be tied up in the DLC packages. In either case, the obsoleted version of the route can be modified and saved under your ID and name.

G'day. Thanks for the replies and suggestions.

I'm still dis-inclined to pay for the whole pack again though to be honest. Even when it's on sale, and with my club-car discounts applied, it's still more than AUD$35-plus. Again, for a bunch of content that I already have, and don't really have any desire to modify (that's worth 30+ dollars to do), it's a bit much.

With my club-car discount applied at the moment, the seperately available content pack is AUD$43.50, while the whole pack with the route is AUD$54.40

I'd be happy to pay the difference between the two, just to get the route, if there was an option to do it.

I learned my lesson after buying this through N3V (several years ago) and will only buy stuff that's available from third-party sites since.

I do have the free LotBN I version, but the II version is markedly better in appearance with some more interesting features along the route.

Cheers,
Piere.

Back