Transferring Content from TRS19 to TRS22

I wouldn't dare because there are still too many can't-do-without assets that are forbidden in 22.

How do I transfer my content and DLC from TRS19 to TRS22?
Option 1. Create a copy of your TRS19 local data folder and point TRS22 to that folder. It will run a db repair when you restart the game and everythign should work just as it did in TRS19.
Option 2. Install items from the Purchased tab in Content Store then import your own routes from TRS19 (using .cdp) then download the missing deps from the DLS.

Note: If you no longer expect to work in TRS19, then you don't need to make a copy of your local data folder, just use the same one. Note that you should also then uninstall TRS19 as running it again once the db has been repaired may lead to issues.

I wouldn't dare because there are still too many can't-do-without assets that are forbidden in 22.

Which assets are you referring to? Practically everything that works in TRS19 should work in TRS22. Please provide example KUIDs.

The most important thing to note about moving content is that you CANNOT IMPORT BUILTIN CONTENT using .cdps. I've put that in all caps in the hope that more people will read and see the message. Builtin content has compressed textures so the import process vis .cdp leads to missing texture errors.

The solution is to install using Content Store.

Option 1. Create a copy of your TRS19 local data folder and point TRS22 to that folder. It will run a db repair when you restart the game and everythign should work just as it did in TRS19.
Option 2. Install items from the Purchased tab in Content Store then import your own routes from TRS19 (using .cdp) then download the missing deps from the DLS.

Note: If you no longer expect to work in TRS19, then you don't need to make a copy of your local data folder, just use the same one. Note that you should also then uninstall TRS19 as running it again once the db has been repaired may lead to issues.
Thanks for your help Tony! Just to clarify, I did not buy TRS22 separately, but rather I updated my preexisting TRS19 game to TRS22 using the patch installer. Would making a copy of the file folder still work, or is there an alternate method?

Thanks for your help Tony! Just to clarify, I did not buy TRS22 separately, but rather I updated my preexisting TRS19 game to TRS22 using the patch installer. Would making a copy of the file folder still work, or is there an alternate method?

Making a copy of your data works perfectly fine. I recommend putting the folder outside of the User Data location and preferably on another drive and rename the folder to something else other than build (some number-letter-thing). I put my TRS22_DATA (yes in caps) on my E: drive.

By doing this, I not only have plenty of room for content this also makes editing and doing other things such as fixing assets a whole lot easier.

I made a copy of my TRS19 directory and placed the copy in a subdirectory under my TRS22 installation. Everything worked fine with no errors or missing assets in TRS22.

Hi all
i try since i purchased TRS22 two weeks ago to transfer my TRS19 contents and its a nightmare. I am not an a1 with computer. i use the cdp methods as i always did before
Nothing work. Everything get faulty and i seriously thing i am going to ask refund for this version as i cannot use old content. the game would lost all interest.
Everything was fine in TRS19 even with some old routes i downloaded from DLS. i used trainz since 2009 and i never had so much trouble with a new version.

Do we need now to pay for trainz Plus to have a good working system?

I see there is an other way to transfer content but its not clear. What folder do i need to copy exactly from TRS19 (the whole built or only local folder.)
Then how do i re-point copy to TRS22. I am sorry. it may be simple for most of you but not to me. Is there a CLEAR and SIMPLE tutorial to do this?
I also have issues with contend manager that say some assets are faulty but its say they don't have any errors or warnings.
Do i need to download all TRS22 new route before i try to transfer older contents.

I see that sone assets cannot be transferred with cdp method. Is it enough to download TRS22 new route to get them?

also, is it possible to download older routes still present in DLS or is it impossible with TRS22 without messing all the game?

My english skills are not bad (i use trainz in english and not in french) but there are things i did not get.

Hi all
i try since i purchased TRS22 two weeks ago to transfer my TRS19 contents and its a nightmare. I am not an a1 with computer. i use the cdp methods as i always did before
Nothing work. Everything get faulty and i seriously thing i am going to ask refund for this version as i cannot use old content. the game would lost all interest.
Everything was fine in TRS19 even with some old routes i downloaded from DLS. i used trainz since 2009 and i never had so much trouble with a new version.

Do we need now to pay for trainz Plus to have a good working system?

I see there is an other way to transfer content but its not clear. What folder do i need to copy exactly from TRS19 (the whole built or only local folder.)
Then how do i re-point copy to TRS22. I am sorry. it may be simple for most of you but not to me. Is there a CLEAR and SIMPLE tutorial to do this?
I also have issues with contend manager that say some assets are faulty but its say they don't have any errors or warnings.
Do i need to download all TRS22 new route before i try to transfer older contents.

I see that sone assets cannot be transferred with cdp method. Is it enough to download TRS22 new route to get them?

also, is it possible to download older routes still present in DLS or is it impossible with TRS22 without messing all the game?

My english skills are not bad (i use trainz in english and not in french) but there are things i did not get.

You keep spamming the same message everywhere. We have said many times to clone your TRS19 data folder and point your TRS22 program to it through the Launcher. This will preserve all your settings and keep all your content together. I did this with over 250K assets and only had a handful that needed attention. I was able to update the built-in content using the Content Store and now have ZERO errors with my content.

Simply stick with 2019.

TRS2022 is at best only a tiny upgrade to TRS19, but most likely you will have problems one or another. So unless you really NEED the Surveyer 2.0 stay with TRS2019.
I regret I bought the TRS22 version, now I just hope a patch will make it stable and move it out of beta.

The solution is to install using Content Store.

However, this doesn't work on its own if you want to transfer locomotives, freight cars, etc. You'd still need to create a copy of the LDF to transfer everything, which can end up in your hard drive is full to the brim from two save files (if you're like me and have loads of dependencies, locomotive, rolling stock, etc.). If we could point two Trainz versions to one save file somehow, that would solve that problem.

Back