Screenshots of industries or farms you have created from individual pieces on the DLS

or smaller ones along the route

My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

This is a prototype farm I built in T:ANE as part of the INPR railroad. The real farm is north of the town of Cascade, Idaho. There is a lot of detail that doesn't show in the screenshot, even after lowering the gamma a bit, and as you can see, all the work I put into the creek areas went south with SP 4 and TS2019. I can find no way to lower the creeks back down as the spline points settle either are high or low, not flush. I have not continued work on this since. I have worked a little on the south end around Boise, but still fear a new version scrambling what I spend too many hours on.
Cascade-Farm02.jpg

Last edited:
EDIT from above (how do you edit BELOW a picture?) Well, here I am delightfully surprised to go back to TS19SP5 and find my issue is cured! And the lighting is a whole lot better as well!. I may just get back to work on this, there is a large modern log mill operation waiting to be built at the south end of town. If I can get that looking decent, I will post it here.

Cascade-Farm-TS2019SP5.jpg

Here's a good sized grain mill. It has tracks servicing it on two sides. To the left under a canopy and on the right by the main tracks.

The mill needs plenty of space to store trucks and also would need fueling and repair facilities.

I have other industries I plan to share. I just need to get screenshots organized.

Some of the others I have include:

- Sand facility
- refinery
- post office
- paper mill
- scrap yard
- industrial park
- aggregate mine
- transload / farm supply dealer
- John deere Factory

Cheers
Walter

Last edited:
One more for now. A smaller sand facility served by a nearby transload operation (seen in the left upper corner of the second shot)

May need to alter the transload a bit. Research shows that the trucks would dump from the side of the conveyors not the end. I also saw that sometimes a grate from beneath feeds into the conveyor from larger eighteen wheeler dump trucks but those usually are more permanent setups than what I was going for.

Cheers
Walter

Here is a thought folks for all those great industry/farm complex makers out there who have Surveyor 2.0. Consider making a "scrapbook" item for that industry/farm, and then upload it to the DLS. This way anyone out there who has Surveyor 2.0 can import your industry/farm lock-stock-and-barrel into their own route creations exactly as you have made it.

As an example of a scrapbook item I have already uploaded a couple of those myself, although they are not industries/farms, and you can find them on the DLS:

<kuid:439337:108436> Supermarket_1950s
<kuid:439337:108277> SAP_Drive_In_Movie_Theater

I would love to see some of the industries/farms I have seen in this thread done as scrapbook items.

Don't know how to do this? See my tutorial at:

https://forums.auran.com/trainz/sho...-0-scrapbook-content-item-that-others-can-use

Bob

The steel works on the "The Deepwater Railroad Co" (on the Download Station). The main structures are by Maddy25. Additional buildings are by various authors.

TRS19_Deepwater_05.jpg

Phil

Hi everybody ,

it's true that creating a large city takes a lot of time, that is why i use a special base-board to earn a bit of my life :

I just merge it with the WIP , and copy/paste what I need , end when finished , delete the attached base-board...

Very friendly , Marc

Here's another industry. This time an industrial park. These can be as large or small as you need. Usually have one to several tracks depending on the industries served. This one has three tracks curving off the main line.

It serves a large cold storage facility with large evaporators and lots of truck loading bays.

It also serves a plastics plant as well as a bakery.

Finally it serves a general manufacturer.

Also nearby you would need somewhere to fuel all those thirsty 18 wheelers. A truck stop serves this need nicely.

Once I get trainz 22 installed I plan on making some of these available as scrapbook items as Msgsapper suggested.

Cheers
Walter

One final one for now, a John Deere equipment manufacturing facility.

Some shots of the unloading/loading area. It would take in sheet metal rolls along with boxcars of parts and load finished equipment.

An office and parking for the employees.

Main entrance and dedicated power connection.

More shots of the loading area.

Cheers
Walter

whamm0, for the industrial park I recommend an industry lead so you don't need to foul the main when you're switching the industries. It just comes off the line and provides a runaround for switchers that are switching there.

Good idea. It's not a really busy main and is more a terminal end with some industries down the line but I suppose it couldn't hurt. Thanks.

Updated the sand transload to gave a more permanent setup (also more protoypical). Now trucks drive over a raised grate and dump their loads into it and a conveyor loads it into waiting hopper cars.

Many thanks to Msgsapper (and the many other content creators) for their content. (I seem to be using more and more of his content lately for some reason :) )

BTW I used pics on the Superior website - same company as what Msgsapper modelled. Here's the page they are on
. Hopefully it might help others as a source.

https://superior-ind.com/industries/rail-terminals/
Cheers
Walter

Last edited:
Back