Screenshots of industries or farms you have created from individual pieces on the DLS

Updated the sand transload to gave a more permanent setup (also more protoypical). Now trucks drive over a raised grate and dump their loads into it and a conveyor loads it into waiting hopper cars.

Many thanks to Msgsapper (and the many other content creators) for their content. (I seem to be using more and more of his content lately for some reason :) )

BTW I used pics on the Superior website - same company as what Msgsapper modelled. Here's the page they are on
. Hopefully it might help others as a source.

https://superior-ind.com/industries/rail-terminals/
Cheers
Walter

Cool, I like it!

Can you give me the KUIDs for the grate and green metal frame that fits over the Superior loader?

Bob

Thanks Bob.

That asset is named Bucket elevator 01 base 2
<KUID2:68213:27034:1>
Part of a set by Dinorius_Redundicus. Search for bucket elevator to find the rest.

Cheers
Walter

Here are some shots of narrow gauge (3ft6in - 1067mm) industrial rail circa 1950s and 1960s from my latest project.

1. Transport Repair Facility near rail sidings.

Transport-Facility.jpg

2. Goods Yard at a major rail hub

Goods-Yard.jpg

3. Change of Gauge goods transfer platform. Narrow gauge on the left, broad gauge (5ft3in - 1600mm) on the right.

Change-Of-Gauge.jpg

Hi Guys. very nice Pics, Knows every one where i can find the French ARBED Coal Hoppers
Guido

Hi Alizee84

I am not familiar with such a car. Couldn't find anything searching the download station. I even tried translating coal into french (charbon) and that yielded nothing. A Google search came up w this pic. Maybe this is what you seek, if not maybe you have a picture of one?

https://thumbs.worthpoint.com/zoom/...hopper_1_1486515b042fbf2e7f3908753b0d79fa.jpg

(Sorry it wouldn't render here as an image for some reason)

Original full page https://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/roco-ho-46241-french-sncf-coal-hopper-410532492

Cheers
Walter

Last edited:
Glad to see things worked out finding that car. I went back and looked at girauds post and saw the car. Don't know how I didn't see it earlier. Lol.

An example of an aggregate mining operation, both in an open pit form and a simpler configuration (not a pit and uses smaller equipment).

My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

Cheers
Walter

Last edited:
I don't know whether these are exactly what you are looking for but I have 3 quarries on my prototypical Malton & Driffield Railway, 2 of which can be seen here. The first is Burdale which I only have one real photo of, it used explosives to fell the chalk and had a narrow gauge railway to move the chalk around and load it into standard gauge wagons plus it's own 0-4-0 shunter and engine shed.

Burdale Quarry 22.7.22 by A1 Northeastern, on Flickr

The second is nearby Wharram which had a massive concrete loading silo which has survived the quarry by over 60 years and now makes a startling sight surrounded by dense vegetation in its rural location. The silo took about 2 days to construct using over 3 dozen splines and both loading bays have loading enabled. The quarry used a massive rail mounted steam digger to mine the chalk,

Wharram Quarry 22.7.22 by A1 Northeastern, on Flickr

The silo today.

These latest screenshots were taken from my Roscoe, Snyder & Pacific - TRS19 route, currently in revision. The industry is the National Rail Car repair facility located at the Roscoe, Texas location on the route.

Rail-car-Repair-Facility-1.jpg

and

Railcar-Repair-Facility-2.jpg

and

Railcar-Repair-Facility-3.jpg

and

Railcar-Repair-Facility-4.jpg

and

Railcar-Repair-Facility-5.jpg

and

Railcar-Repair-Facility-6.jpg

Bob

Good & Hamerd was established in the midwest by Elias Good and Oscar Hamerd as a grain mill, processing grain from local farmers and shipping it out by rail. A surplus in wheat led to an expansion into brewing and distilling. This lucrative trade became the primary focus of the business, especially to the U.S. market during prohibition. The facility currently, as of 1950, ships 1,000,000 imperial gallons of spirits per year, not including antifreeze.

Good-and-Hamerd.jpg

.. very inspiring thread with excellent ideas, visions and beautypics .. thankz a lot ..
in my diorama "itsa factory" i composite "buildings" (with or without bob's multiple industry tracks) by using individual assets, for example :

- wall splines + facility parts + industrial buildings :

• <kuid2:69871:3491:1> Model Trainz Fascia, one thick, floor to baseboard - light grey - philskene
  • <kuid:101046:101460> Build-A-Facility Window, Large 2 DES - dave snow
  • <kuid:287284:1041> Loading Silo Monolith - matruck
  • <kuid2:117608:60124:1> Industrial Plant 05 - kenichiro
  • <kuid2:175455:101107:1> JR Loading Dock Door - 22alpha
- repeating and combining buildings :

• <kuid:252585:26022661> MFK3 WBB MFUSW Main Factory Unit Short Windows Weathered Brown Brick - masontaylor
  • <kuid:252585:26022664> MFK3 WBB 6FST 6floor Stair Tower Weathered Brown Brick - masontaylor
  • <kuid:252585:26022492> MFK2 3F FE - masontaylor
have fun and stay healthy ..
grtz

2f17726c7c96383b6311d32312cada0b_3000x577.54371357202.png

25ec59e2227ab996c5debb2f04b400c7.png

composite-buildings.jpg

Union Mills in Union Kentucky TS12.

This is the best I ever did kit bashing an industry. Union Mills, a textile factory modeled off the old mills you see in the South. This is from 2012! Note the 3D trees were looking pretty good then and there are no shrubery spines that look like these anymore that I can find.
unionmills.jpg

Back