Disappointed

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't remember asking pware for his 'valuable' opinion and for him to answer my response. When more and more people are struggling to put food on the table and having to turn electricity off due to the cost and can't afford to put fuel in their vehicles just to get to work, then no I am not interested in pwares opinion. When he has lived it and is experiencing such things then we can talk.

Once again, the value of the ignore feature in the Trainz Forum shows its usefulness.

Last edited:
I have no doubt that these will be added to the product through free DLC updates, something that has happened before
No, they are both going to be sold separately as paid DLC. There was that disclaimer at the bottom of the video page.

I don't remember asking pware for his 'valuable' opinion and for him to answer my response. When more and more people are struggling to put food on the table and having to turn electricity off due to the cost and can't afford to put fuel in their vehicles just to get to work, then no I am not interested in pwares opinion. When he has lived it and is experiencing such things then we can talk.

Nobody asked for yours either, yet here you are.

The whole of the United States is paying way too much for gas and food. Worst on the west side. They are paying almost 7 dollars a gallon. I am on the east side in Beaver Pennsylvania. We are almost at $5 a gallon and Giant Eagle our main food shopping store has increased 30% just about in the whole store. Me and my wife have to eat. We spend 300 to 350$ a week to buy food for us and our 7 cats. I am semi retired. I went from 60 hours a week to 32. Sometimes I have been getting a few hours on Sundays, as I carve granite roses on tombstones.

I am getting Social Security monthly of $2840. I also have medicare.

rick1958 - I am so sorry to hear about your wife and your current circumstances. I agree Trainz, like any game is just a pass time a little distraction from the every day. Many of us (currently) can probably justify a one time purchase fee to pay for a game that we can play 'forever'. Some may currently be able to afford a yearly sub - but I suspect many will have to start to think twice in the coming months. More and more people in the West - even those who previously considered themselves comfortable are now starting to feel the pinch and having to make some touch choices.
Thank you for that. I have additional comments on some of the other replies, but I'll leave it here.

After reading the comments on this thread I find myself disappointed yet again by the behavior of some of the community members. I now have the measure of Antares1275. Obviously, he has no desire to have a "discussion" of the issue. He also quite clearly states that his opinion is the only true opinion and anything that deviates from that is wrong. I am on disability from an auto accident many years ago, I live on a fixed income and the price gouging by corporate America has hit me hard too. I do however save enough money to invest in NV3 to have a gold subscription and be able to live out my hobby of railroading on the P.C. In what other form could I make a 1:1 route of my favorite railroad the Virginian Railway? Where else could I run 20th Century limited passenger trains, Mikado, U.S. class, and Pacific class steam engines all for 100 odd dollars a year? I couldn't even buy 2 passenger cars for that in H.O. scale. People have to make a choice as to what they want to spend. NV3 has to have an economic model that makes them money to keep the doors open. If a subscription model is what keeps them open into the future then if I want to use their product I will pay for it. You are not required to invest in any form of 22. Stay with 19 and be happy that you are not paying a dollar for it. This is a perfect example of Capitalism at it's finest. They offer a product, charge a price for it and you can decide if you wish to buy or not.

After reading the comments on this thread I find myself disappointed yet again by the behavior of some of the community members. I now have the measure of Antares1275. Obviously, he has no desire to have a "discussion" of the issue. He also quite clearly states that his opinion is the only true opinion and anything that deviates from that is wrong. I am on disability from an auto accident many years ago, I live on a fixed income and the price gouging by corporate America has hit me hard too. I do however save enough money to invest in NV3 to have a gold subscription and be able to live out my hobby of railroading on the P.C. In what other form could I make a 1:1 route of my favorite railroad the Virginian Railway? Where else could I run 20th Century limited passenger trains, Mikado, U.S. class, and Pacific class steam engines all for 100 odd dollars a year? I couldn't even buy 2 passenger cars for that in H.O. scale. People have to make a choice as to what they want to spend. NV3 has to have an economic model that makes them money to keep the doors open. If a subscription model is what keeps them open into the future then if I want to use their product I will pay for it. You are not required to invest in any form of 22. Stay with 19 and be happy that you are not paying a dollar for it. This is a perfect example of Capitalism at it's finest. They offer a product, charge a price for it and you can decide if you wish to buy or not.

I love this post! Sometimes I want to leave the forums due to the narcissism. Posts like this one negate that by keeping me smiling...

surveyor 1.0 is still in Trainz 22, just as we are used to. Only if you want to try Surveyor 2.0, which is in beta, do you currently need Trainz+ subscription. Pware does a lot of helping on the forums.

I'll see if I can dig into my penny jar and come up with my 2-cents...

I too am disabled, thanks to Parkinson Disease which dropped my income by more than 60% a decade ago. I get SS and I have Medicare/Medicaid and a supplemental insurance for health insurance. One of my medications I take costs well close to $500 per month after my deductibles and there are others now still on the plate for the future. I don't have a whole lot I can do now physically. Trainz is a big part of my life and has been since I discovered the program 18 years ago now and a bigger one now more than ever. My Gold-Plus subscription is a small price to pay for the hours of enjoyment I get out of it. As Mikeman said, I couldn't even touch an N-scale model locomotive now for the cost an annual subscription. Gone are the days of freight cars for $7.95 and locomotives for $25.00.

Honestly, I’m fine with offering a subscription service for Trainz. I’ve said this before, it’s good to have choices - you can pay $130 yearly for Trainz and all the bells & whistles, $70 once for a new version of Trainz, or just stick with the version you already have. Though I am sure that I am far younger than most of the people responding to this thread, I hope people do not mind if I throw in my opinion.

I think I have been a bit harsh on Trainz+. Though I do not yet have a form of income, I do see myself upgrading to Trainz+ eventually when that does happen. As for Surveyor 2.0 not being included, I will admit I was a bit niffed at that… but Surveyor Classic is still very versatile IMO. Plus, I probably would’ve bought TRS22 anyway, since I didn’t own TRS19. But again, the great thing about the world we live in is that you have options. You can buy TRS22 or not do so. Your choice.

I apologize if I have upset or annoyed some Trainz users with what I have said. While I am a bit annoyed that Surveyor 2.0 isn’t included, I still think TRS22 is a good enough release to purchase when people see its worth.

My thoughts.

The whole of the United States is paying way too much for gas and food. Worst on the west side. They are paying almost 7 dollars a gallon.

That works out (at this mornings conversion rate) at $AU2.16 per litre, which is slightly cheaper than the prices I saw at various filling stations here yesterday ($AU2.20 to $AU2.35 per litre). At that cheaper rate topping up the tank yesterday cost just under $AU65 - three such "top ups" would more than cover my Trainz Plus Gold subscription which will last a lot longer than the fuel. One benefit of the pandemic, if that could ever have a "benefit", is that we have been leaving the car in our garage far more often for the last few years than we otherwise would have done. As a result, a full tank now lasts several weeks.

As for food, yesterday I saw a head of Iceberg lettuce in the supermarket for $AU9.90 ($US6.65). Luckily we started growing some of our own vegetables, including various types of lettuce, before the pandemic struck.

My experiences, which are obviously far from the extremes that others are enduring.

pware - are you some kind of f*-king moron mate? Some kind of i-diot? Perhaps you need to get out of your N3V fan boi armchair and your little bubble and take a look out in the real world.

Agreed. I'm sick of these fanbois wagging fingers at anyone's criticisms and these lectures about what a simulator is supposed to be for others.

Surveryor has been a part of Trainz for eons. I spend 90% of my time in Surveyor. The suggestion is now out there, the mere mention of Surveyor is the stuff of gimme pigs?

You see, without Surveyor in a boxed build is not a choice I made, but one N3V made. It's on them for alienating customers, not the other way around. Period.

Agreed. I'm sick of these fanbois wagging fingers at anyone's criticisms and these lectures about what a simulator is supposed to be for others.

Surveryor has been a part of Trainz for eons. I spend 90% of my time in Surveyor. The suggestion is now out there, the mere mention of Surveyor is the stuff of gimme pigs?

You see, without Surveyor in a boxed build is not a choice I made, but one N3V made. It's on them for alienating customers, not the other way around. Period.[/QUOte

I love how you type in all this and have no idea what you are talking about. Surveyor 1 is still in trainz 22. If you want the updated one you have to subscribe.

Surveyor 1 is still in trainz 22. If you want the updated one you have to subscribe.

Fair enough, but not entirely my point. Which is advanced features for advanced subscriptions. I've no objection to it, nor N3V's reasoning for doing it. Deluxe features out to be just that, extra features on the same core. When one core is split for another, you lose the base. Revenue vs retention is a juggling act. If it's spectacular... fine, but I'm seeing dropped balls.

You see, without Surveyor in a boxed build is not a choice I made, but one N3V made. It's on them for alienating customers, not the other way around. Period.

You want to criticize, fine, at least be somewhat accurate. Surveyor is still part of Trainz22 retail version, no subscription needed. Same Surveyor as you are using in Trainz19. IE Surveyor 1.0. There is no end date for Surveyor 1.0 as you are used to in any version of Trainz. There is no additional money needed to get Surveyor 1.0/classic when you buy the retail game. If you want Surveyor 2.0 you have to subscribe to Trainz+, however Surveyor 2.0 is not, and I do mean NOT ready for public use. If you are willing to possibly destroy your route, then go ahead and subscribe to Trainz+ and work with Surveyor 2.0. If you want to save cash, or don't want to risk your route, then keep on a retail version.

Surveyor 1.0/classic is still included in all the versions of Trainz.

With respect what you are saying is that you are sick of seeing opinions that do not agree with your own and, by extension, that no-one is allowed to offer any criticism of the opinions of others, which ironically is what you are doing. I have absolutely no problems with people disagreeing with me or offering opposing viewpoints. The label "fanboi" is a sign of a failing argument.

Surveyor means different things to different users and we each have our own ways of using or not using it, our own favourite features and pet hates. Like you I spend about 90% of my time using it and I am slowly starting to use S20 which I am liking more the more I use it but there is a learning curve.

The main problem I have with complaints about S20 (which I have frequently pointed out is still a work in progress) is the persistent but erronous view that it was to be included in TRS22 when there is absolutely no evidence to support that opinion.

My opinions. Feel free to disagree.

pware - are you some kind of f*-king moron mate? Some kind of i-diot? Perhaps you need to get out of your N3V fan boi armchair and your little bubble and take a look out in the real world.

By the way if you are man enough come on over to Gab . com where there is no censorship and you cannot hide behind forums rules and ban hammers and you and me can discuss it man to man if would like.

Just who do you think you are? Are you sitting on some kind of higher than thou pedestal? Your attack on Pware is not only juvenile but also pathetic. As for living in hardship etc go try living in Sri Lanka or East Africa then maybe your 'cost of living' statements may have some credibility. You sure give credence to that 'whinging pom' epidemic we see here in Oz.
Mate if you want S2.0 get a damn subscription and step down from that higher than thou position you think you hold.
Man to man on GAB...what a simpleton!

Ok - time to lock this one down before things get [further] out of hand.

Everyone has their right to an opinion. Just ensure that you stick to our CoC regarding how you provide your opinion to others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back