Trainz19 dlcs not showing in Tz Plus

bart86pl

Hi, first apology if this is the wrong forum but I need assistance.

Huge fan of the product, been jumping back and forth from my Trainz 19 version to Plus/Gold for some time now but one thing is constantly giving me a headache.
How do I make sure that the (as I assume) latest "fullest" version of Trainz that is membership TrainzPlus recognize my Trainz 19 DLCs?

I got my Trainz 19 Installed, I got my Trainz Plus Installed next to it, both (as again I assume should) points to the same "Content" folder where all my stuff from the store/download station goes.
I got all my Tz19 dlcs installed and I can see em in 19`s manager.

But when I use Trainz Plus, some of DLCs wont show up, for example Mojavie/Cajon Pass.

Question - is this because Im missing some setup steps or is this due to the fact that some older DLCs are not yet supported in Tz 22/Plus version?

Thanks in advance,

Bart

Hi, first apology if this is the wrong forum but I need assistance.

Huge fan of the product, been jumping back and forth from my Trainz 19 version to Plus/Gold for some time now but one thing is constantly giving me a headache.
How do I make sure that the (as I assume) latest "fullest" version of Trainz that is membership TrainzPlus recognize my Trainz 19 DLCs?

I got my Trainz 19 Installed, I got my Trainz Plus Installed next to it, both (as again I assume should) points to the same "Content" folder where all my stuff from the store/download station goes.
I got all my Tz19 dlcs installed and I can see em in 19`s manager.

But when I use Trainz Plus, some of DLCs wont show up, for example Mojavie/Cajon Pass.

Question - is this because Im missing some setup steps or is this due to the fact that some older DLCs are not yet supported in Tz 22/Plus version?

Thanks in advance,

Bart

You should never use the same user content folder for different installs, it causes problems as you are finding out, slightly different coding involved between versions.

Copy your Content or local data folder to a different location and then point your Plus install to point to it, then run a database repair, you will more than likely have to download the DLC from the Content Store for Plus as you did a new install and not an upgrade
of TRS19.

If you were to continue using the one folder you would have to run a full database repair when using TRS19 and then again if you change to TRS22 Plus, each time you change, which is very time consuming and won't stop odd things happening, such as two screwed up installs.

Thank You for the tips, that actually makes sense to keep them separate. One more question, since both Trainz 19 and Plus are using same Auran account, how come random DLCs shows up as only "purchase" option for Plus despite the fact that I did buy them (shows as "install" for Tz 19 client)?

Back