No Surveyor 2 included in trainz 2022

Laird

Ive got 2022 plus loaded but there is only surveyor classic available. will surveyor 2, be added when my renewal subscription comes up next month?
Whoops! Ive just realized Ive downloaded the Retail Edition Build 117655 by mistake and Im now downloading Trainz Plus build 117669 . Will I have to Delete the Retail basic before installing Trainz plus with surveyor 2.
Laird

Last edited:
wrong trainz 2022

You don't have to as they are all separate installs. If you do keep it installed you will use up a lot of disk space.
Thanks Stagecoach Ive deleted basic 2022 and downloading 2022 Plus which should have surveyor 2 with it.

Surveyor 2.0 not showing up for me neither

I bought Trainz 22 on "Steam" where I've bought all my past Trainz games.
I at first got the Trainz Plus Monthly, but then shortly after upgraded it to the Trainz Plus Annual.
After reading plenty of websites, stating that the Annual Membership includes the Surveyor 2.0
I went and got the Annual Trainz Plus.
After all this, it still only gives me Surveyor Classic.
How do I get Surveyor 2.0 if It is a "Steam" download ?
Eventually, I'll get the Annual Gold Membership.

You bought the retail version which lacks the S2.0. Trainz Plus is a beta version and you can download it from MyTrainz at the top of this page.

I've now got Surveyor 2.0

I went to "My Trainz" and downloaded Trainz Plus and the Surveyor 2.0
is showing up, it was there by default.
I'm so happy now to be exploring it and learning the new editing tool system.

I'm not sure if there's a way to copy the route I created from the "Steam Trainz 22" over to
the "Trainz Plus" ?
Otherwise, I'm happy to start over and build a new route as now I can copy and paste multiple
objects for faster building and I'm slowly getting all my assets re-installed.

Thanks for your help, I'm so grateful.

I can now move my route over

Thanks for your help.

I can now move my route over.
The new Surveyor 2.0 is amazing.
I can build things in less time, copy & paste multiple objects
and it's simple and easy to use.

The new Surveyor 2.0 is amazing.
I can build things in less time, copy & paste multiple objects
and it's simple and easy to use.

and it is still a "work in progress", not yet complete. There are still some features that you will have to switch to Surveyor Classic to do - such as the Bulk Update/Replace tools.

Talk about making people double dip! Pay £55 or local currency equivalent for TRS22 standalone edition (N3V or Steam) to find if you want S2.0 you then have to sign up to the Netflix agreement...

Not really sure where N3V stand re disclosure on this. Obviously the Steam edition you can get a refund if you've used the software less than two hours and owned it less than two weeks, but I guess if you bought from N3V you're stuffed!

Maybe both the Steam and N3V store versions need to state in big bold letters that S2.0 is not included. Those of us who've been discussing it on the forum are in the know (as per my sig), but those who do not scan the boards regularly might be forgiven for assuming that a very expensive update of the game includes the most significant new feature.

You can buy TRS22 but you can't buy TRS22 Plus because it is a beta. The membership only allows you to try out new features before it is released as an update for TRS22 retail.

Several posts by Tony indicate S20 will never make it to TRS22, but will be pushed to perhaps TRS2025.

…so is TRS22 essentially a stopgap release? Because then I’ve wasted $70, since I could’ve just bought TRS19 Platinum when I preordered TRS22 and waited until it went on sale. Ah well… I preordered on December 2 and I already have all my content on that version, so there’s no going back now.

…so is TRS22 essentially a stopgap release? Because then I’ve wasted $70, since I could’ve just bought TRS19 Platinum when I preordered TRS22 and waited until it went on sale. Ah well… I preordered on December 2 and I already have all my content on that version, so there’s no going back now.
This is why I'll be waiting until it's going for £20 or thereabouts on Steam!

... but will be pushed to perhaps TRS2025.

TRS2025? Oh No! Have we to go through all this crap yet again?

I agree with Vern, wait until TRS2022 is reduced to £20 to buy - I don't think we'll be waiting too long!

Rob.

I bought Trainz 22 twice

I think (at least) believe that for all holders of "Trainz Plus Annual Membership" will receive future Trainz Products included in their membership,
as long as they keep paying the annual membership fee.

The thing is, is that whenever I buy new games such as "Trainz"
Steam is the platform I buy them on.
I didn't know that I could have just bought Trainz Plus for the 22 version on the direct Trainz website.
So in a way, I've bought Trainz 22 twice.

I'm happy with the Surveyor 2.0
I'm finding it so easy, simple and effective to use.
I grow up with Trainz since the 2004 version.
Loved it ever since.

I'm so glad that I can connect with the Trainz community, you're all so helpful and supportive.

Link please as I've seen nothing that infers that.
I don't know if its going to actually be 2025. I was just saying that because it sounded like a logical date for the next version. Tony did say that it would be included in a future trainz product. https://forums.auran.com/trainz/showthread.php?165938-Welcome-to-TRS22-from-the-CEO&p=1899350#post1899350. I also probably should not have said it with absolute certainty that that's what they are going to do, as things change, but unless a service pack count as a new product, it seems very likely.

Last edited:
Whenever it’s included, it’ll be included. From what I can tell, the betas are relatively stable, and so I would like to say TRS22 SP2 or so may be when we get Surveyor 2.0 in the retail product, but as I don’t work at N3V, I obviously can’t say when exactly. Whenever it does come out, hopefully TRS22 will finally appeal to more people - right now, it’s fine, but I don’t see any major features for TRS19 owners to upgrade.

My thoughts.

I think (at least) believe that for all holders of "Trainz Plus Annual Membership" will receive future Trainz Products included in their membership,
as long as they keep paying the annual membership fee.

Correct. When TRS19 was the latest retail release, Trainz Plus users received TRS19 plus all the Trainz Plus only features and content.

Now that TRS22 is the latest retail release, Trainz Plus users have automatically received TRS22 plus all the Trainz Plus only features from TRS19, the new features and updates that have appeared between TRS19 and TRS22, and the newer features and updates that came out at the same time as TRS22.

Before the next release (TRS2x) Trainz Plus users will regularly receive new features and updates. When TRS2x is released, that process will continue.

If I cancel my annual subscription then my Trainz install will revert to the last retail version that I purchased, TRS19 Platinum Edition. But because I opted for the annual subscription I will also receive the full retail TRS22 version to keep. If I later revive my subscription then my TRS19PE will once gain become Trainz Plus and it will be fully updated to all the latest Trainz Plus features.

Back