A dumb question

Forester1

The reason I say it is a dumb question, is that I think I have asked it before. And I think the answer is inevitably something like: "The new versions are for mobile and N3V is working on hiding them from view", which makes no sense to me. So in the picture below, why are the bottom assets "Packaged, Newer version available, but at the top, the newer versions are "Not Installed, Payware (not active)". Both statements appear to be false. Apparently there is a new version, but it is NOT available, making the first set false. The second set says "Not Installed", but actually, they are installed, making the second set false.
NewerVersion.jpg

The bottom ones came from a DLC package. These may have been updated within the DLC package and you need to check the DLC updates or redownload the package that has them. Package updates don't replace the package you originally downloaded automatically. You cant download the individual assets like you can on the DLS.

The CN GP9s come from a TRS19 JR Loco Pack, I will check for updates. The BN locos show no dependents, newer version or old, which is odd, since they are "packaged", or now "Payware".

These are updated for the mobile version, and we see these packages just the same. Hopefully N3V will fix that soon. In addition to the CN locomotives, there are others as well including the NYC J3 and some others. Since these locomotives show no errors and load fine, I would ignore this for now.

So now I have <kuid:39134:100267> Corona No Left Turn Train BNSF50 "Packaged, Newer version available"
When I LIST ASSET VERSIONS, I get <kuid2:39134:100267:1> Corona No Left Turn Train BNSF50 - Unknown Location
If I right click and select Download, I get:
Searching asset 'Corona No Left Turn Train BNSF50'
(Red circle with white x) Asset <kuid2:39134:100267:1> was not found on the Download Station.
Complete
Checking Dependents, this appears to come from <kuid2:605579:100422:14> Shortline Railroad - TRS19 Packaged, Payware. No idea where the newer version is.

Last edited:
I get these false 'newer version available' as well and after viewing the versions they are unknown.
Checking <kuid2:605579:100422:14> Shortline Railroad - TRS19 I can confirm that item isn't part of that route but <kuid:39134:100267> Corona No Left Turn Train BNSF50 is.
I'm going to suggest this - delete the newer version and that should resolve the problem with that item.

Cheers

Back