Save Route ??

boleyd

I open the Save Route selection box. It offers, among other options, Overwrite existing route and :
Do Not Save Session
. If I elect that option do I loose assets entered during the Edit Session?

If you loaded the route and session with "edit session", and then immediately go to layers and select "route layer", new assets will be on the route layer and all will be good if you don't save the session. This is usually what you want to do if you want to preserve the starting locations of the trains (see the guide to UDS for more info)

But take a look at a post I made a few days ago on what can go wrong if you go to Surveyor 2.0 and then back to Classic, in which case you will have the session layer activated (without your knowledge). This is caused by a reported bug and the use of UDS.

Last edited:
From the Trainz Wiki page at https://online.ts2009.com/mediaWiki/index.php/Route_and_Session_Basics

DotPoint1.JPG
Overwrite route only. The default selection.

White_Select_Dot.png
Overwrite existing route and:
White_Select_Dot.png
Do not save session
  • the route will be saved (overwritten using its current name) but no session will be saved.
DotPoint2.JPG
Overwrite route and create a new session..
White_Select_Dot.png
Overwrite existing route and:
White_Select_Dot.png
Create new session:
  • enter a name for the session (the suggested name Default is NOT recommended).
  • the route will be saved (overwritten using its current name).
  • a new session will be created using the name you enter and it will be added to the route.
  • because you did not originally load a session, the new session will be saved with default values for all settings.
DotPoint3.JPG
Create new route and a default Session.
White_Select_Dot.png
Save new route and session:
  • enter a new name for the route. The route will be saved with its new name.
  • the original route will not be changed.
  • a new session will be created using the name Default and it will be added to the new route.
  • because you did not originally load a session, the new session will be saved with the default values for all settings.

When I see a title for a "session", and the title is default, is that really not a "session" but a collection of references to elements that travel with the route?

Or, does the title default not have any relevant meaning.

I would be immediately banned for life if I said what I think of the dual meaning attached to "session".

Back