Thread: TANE, destroyer of the operating system

Default TANE, destroyer of the operating system

TANE: this game bought by me on the official website mytrainz at the end of the installation completely destroyed me windows 10 pro 64bit so much that I could not even restore to restart windows. i had to format and reinstall windows. I contacted support but they only have questions and answers scheduled and they don't respond. TRAINZ????? never never never

Trainz has no effect on Windows 10 or any other version of windows. It will however reduce the space on your C drive if you don't know how to move the folders to another drive.

Blog Entries

Sorry to have to report that in all my years of using Trainz on many computers on many different versions of Windows I have never had its install or use cause any issues for Windows. Nor can I ever recall reading a post in these forums of such a problem, yours is the first.

I would suspect that you had a pre-existing problem with either your hardware (e.g. a HDD with corrupt sectors) or your Windows install (e.g. corruption).

Now that you have reformatted your HDD and reinstalled Windows your problem may be resolved.
    Development: Trainz Plus - b117699
    Testing: Trainz Plus beta - b118660
    GTX1050Ti, RTX3060Ti and RTX3050Ti, Win 10 & 11

Welcome to the forums and sorry to hear of your troubled start, but I would echo what the other respondents have said. I have used Trainz since 2004 and never had such an issue, nor have I seen such an issue reported here.

Best of luck,
    Paul

TRAINZ????? never never never
    >>
    Correct - Trainz will never, never do anything to your operating system. If it could this would be called a "vulnerability" and it would have escaped notice by Microsoft for almost 10 years.
    Tony Hilliam

Got questions about TRS19? Click here for TRS19 FAQs

Looking for answers to in-game functionality? Click here for help

United States of America, New York, Allegany
    Blog Entries

well by golly, I've had T:ANE SP3 on my Windows 10 pc for a few years now, use almost everyday and never had any problems.

There was a Windows 10 update or two about 3 years ago that froze up my computer and dumped a ton of folders and vital documents, but I don't believe that had anything to do with TRAINZ at all and was caused by microsoft .

Good luck from here on out.
    T:ANE Standard SP2 to SP3
    TRS 2012 build 61388

No problem with my win7 and win10 neither with T:Ane, TRS19 or TRS22
    Roberto (sister)

United States of America, California, Burbank
    Blog Entries

Coincidence does NOT equal causality.

While certain actions can cause Trainz to shred it's self (database corruption) - it can not and will not damage an OS installation.

I doubt it would even expose preexisting corruption on it's own.

One thing it DOES do is a TON of disk operations, so if your HDD had latent issues, it may have exposed them.

Quote Originally Posted by frogpipe View Post
    Coincidence does NOT equal causality.

While certain actions can cause Trainz to shred it's self (database corruption) - it can not and will not damage an OS installation.

I doubt it would even expose preexisting corruption on it's own.

One thing it DOES do is a TON of disk operations, so if your HDD had latent issues, it may have exposed them.
    Very good point on Drives, some time ago, before I moved over to SSDs I was having very very slow loading problems and database repairs were taking hours and hours, Nothing wrong with the Drive according to Windows or any of the several Diagnostic things I tested it with until I bench marked it, was only managing 15MB/s maximum Transfer rate compared to an identical drive that was around 200 MB/s, replaced the drive installed Trainz on it, problem solved.

Just last 2 weeks ago I was getting a very long delay with the PC posting of over 2 minutes, On investigation Using Hard Disk Sentinel, it was having frequent connection problems between the disk and the Host. Cause was loose SATA cable on a data drive which was intermittently connecting, cleaned the plug and socket and made sure it was fitting properly booting back to my normal 12 seconds.

Only times I ever have issues with PCs, excluding occasional Windows update problems, is usually down to a hardware or driver issue, never the software and definitely never Trainz.
    Malc