COVID in the house Part 2

jordon412

33 Year Old Railfan
Well, I was afraid this would happen to me, but here we go. Yesterday I returned from a 10-day trip to Orlando for Special Olympics USA games, representing Georgia in bowling. In singles bowling, I got 7th; in doubles bowling, me and my dad got 6th; and finally in unified bowling, which consist of a 4-person team, my team got 5th. However, that wasn't the worst of the trip, everyone in our group, me, my mom, my dad, possibly my sister, my teammates (which was another father and son duo), and my teammate's mother, all got COVID. Me and my mom got booster shots before we went down there, and so far, I'm experiencing only a sore throat, a runny nose and sneezing a lot. My whole family will be quarantined for a while, so I'll keep everyone posted.

Anyone can get covid. I got it after 2 shots plus a booster. Vaccines are supposed to make catching the disease easier to fight off compared to someone who hasn't been vaccinated. Hopefully this will be the case for you and your family.

Jack

Sad to hear. We went to Germany with two shots and a booster. On the last night of the tour, we all had to test. Of 22 People, my wife and I tested positive. So a Mandatory 5 day quarantine in a hotel good (expensive?) enough to have room service. After five days, I tested negative, but I didn't get a flight booked within a day (tests have to be within a day of flight). So it took me another couple of days to get a test and get a flight booked. Lo and behold when I tried to get my United flight home from Munich, it disappeared! The night before, I had my seat chosen, but when that morning I went to put in my test results it disappeared from my United app. At the counter, they told me I did not have a ticket. I called my tour organization, and they got with their air group. I missed the flight. They got me a last-minute booking on Lufthansa. It turns out United was the ONLY airline requiring a TEN day quarantine, and even a negative test did not matter. United had canceled the ticket without telling me. My wife could not follow until two days later, and she had to pay $1600 to book Lutfthansa, because she still did not have ten days for United. Neither of us ever had more than head cold symptoms, and we wore our masks whenever we had to go out anywhere.
We made it home, and now Biden is stopping COVID tests to return to the states. Our quarantine cost us nearly three thousand extra dollars for Hotel, room service, and trying to get prescriptions filled because we did not bring an extra week of meds. Plus testing (the Munich airport has got a REAL racket going, 180 euros per test!), taxis, tips, etc. Fortunately we found a test center right next to our hotel that was free, or we would really have been gouged, but PCR tests were 1-2 days return, whereas you had to fly within 1 day of the test!

Last edited:
I have been playing sports for Special Olympics since I was 8 and this year my flag football team was not selected to go to the Special Olympics USA Games

Sad to hear. We went to Germany with two shots and a booster. On the last night of the tour, we all had to test. Of 22 People, my wife and I tested positive. So a Mandatory 5 day quarantine in a hotel good (expensive?) enough to have room service. After five days, I tested negative, but I didn't get a flight booked within a day (tests have to be within a day of flight). So it took me another couple of days to get a test and get a flight booked. Lo and behold when I tried to get my United flight home from Munich, it disappeared! The night before, I had my seat chosen, but when that morning I went to put in my test results it disappeared from my United app. At the counter, they told me I did not have a ticket. I called my tour organization, and they got with their air group. I missed the flight. They got me a last-minute booking on Lufthansa. It turns out United was the ONLY airline requiring a TEN day quarantine, and even a negative test did not matter. United had canceled the ticket without telling me. My wife could not follow until two days later, and she had to pay $1600 to book Lutfthansa, because she still did not have ten days for United. Neither of us ever had more than head cold symptoms, and we wore our masks whenever we had to go out anywhere.
We made it home, and now Biden is stopping COVID tests to return to the states. Our quarantine cost us nearly three thousand extra dollars for Hotel, room service, and trying to get prescriptions filled because we did not bring an extra week of meds. Plus testing (the Munich airport has got a REAL racket going, 180 euros per test!), taxis, tips, etc. Fortunately we found a test center right next to our hotel that was free, or we would really have been gouged, but PCR tests were 1-2 days return, whereas you had to fly within 1 day of the test!

Wow ! Isn't it amazing how selective this government is regarding the Covid. Whatever it takes to meet their corrupted political agenda.

Well, I was afraid this would happen to me, but here we go. Yesterday I returned from a 10-day trip to Orlando for Special Olympics USA games, representing Georgia in bowling. In singles bowling, I got 7th; in doubles bowling, me and my dad got 6th; and finally in unified bowling, which consist of a 4-person team, my team got 5th. However, that wasn't the worst of the trip, everyone in our group, me, my mom, my dad, possibly my sister, my teammates (which was another father and son duo), and my teammate's mother, all got COVID. Me and my mom got booster shots before we went down there, and so far, I'm experiencing only a sore throat, a runny nose and sneezing a lot. My whole family will be quarantined for a while, so I'll keep everyone posted.

I'm sure sorry you got sick. Great to see you, your family and other families spending so much quality time together. You'll recover from the sickness, but your memories of all being together in Orlando will last a life time !

We are now Covid Free!

Well me, my mom and my dad all took a COVID test today and all three tests came back negative, so we are now COVID free! Hallelujah!

I am glad you didn't have a bad bout with Covid. Also, congratulations on your S.O. finishes. I use to coach our local A.R.C. workshop people in Special Olympics. We would do swimming, bowling, and various running events. They loved it, I loved it and we always had a fantastic time at regional and state events. The comradery among the contestants was always heartwarming.

Back