AI Train not controlling Switches

buffedub

I have a TS19 route which I transferred to TR22. For some reason the AI train does not control the switches. The train will stop every time in encounters a switch not aligned to its destination. Is this a comparability problem?

I've seen that before, but I couldn't confirm anything in particular was causing this.

I'm not sure if this will help but if you are playing this session after bringing the route in from TRS19, I recommend opening the route, move a tree or something slightly enough to force a save and then save the route so it's updated to the current TRS22 build and the repeat that in your session by moving a train slightly to force a save.

I have found this helps with my routes and sessions, like anything Trainz it may or may not work for you.

Yeah, sorry to hear this didn't work.

Try a database repair?

Close Trainz.

At the Launcher, click on Developer menu item and then Rebuild database.

Maybe that will work.

It could be a compatibility problem, but usually updating the route fixes that. The alternative, which is recommended anyway is to redo the session. With driver the Schedule Library, this can be copied and pasted into a new session and not lose your setup. The things you'll need to do is place your consists and setup your drivers.

This is a problem I have had.

I agree with JCitron's suggestion of redoing the session, but before trying that, I suggest doing a "compact route", which I have found helpful.

I have a TS19 route which I transferred to TR22. For some reason the AI train does not control the switches. The train will stop every time in encounters a switch not aligned to its destination. Is this a comparability problem?

What build is the oriinal route. If it was SP4, it may have made spagetti in some areas. Known issues include track reverses, and the signals get reversed on the wrong end of a spline when attahced to a fixed track. and detaches some track splines at junctions joints.

At the route level, these will need to be fixed. Then all is good.

If this scenerio is not your case, please disregard

Back