Passenger Car Interior Lighting

chili46

I'm wondering if anyone knows of any passenger cars that have interior lights that work? Seems that all of them I've looked at do not.

On my routes, I have the train pull into a station, turn on the interior lights, load/unload, sound the horn to move out of the station (2 blasts), and turn the interior lights off. Adds a bit of realism to the session (much more if the lights actually worked).

Any help/thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

TIA,
Chili

Last edited:
I'm wondering if anyone knows of any passenger cars that have interior lights that work? Seems that all of them I've looked at do not.

On my routes, I have the train pull into a station, turn on the interior lights, load/unload, sound the horn to move out of the station (2 blasts), and turn the interior lights off. Adds a bit of realism to the session (much more if the lights actually worked).

Any help/thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

TIA,
Chili

This should have been posted to this part of the forums rather then here:

https://forums.auran.com/trainz/forumdisplay.php?12-Content-Creation-Support

In any case I assume lighting the car would be similar to how you light a structure, although I might be wrong. Keep in mind that I have NOT lighted any passengers cars myself.

In my structures I have two sets of window meshes and the structure mesh. One set of windows is not lighted and the other is. The code for for implementing this is:

Code:
username                                "SAP_Passenger_Station1_1T_PBR"
kind                                    "industry"
script                                  "smallstation"
class                                   "SmallStation"
description                             "A single tracked passenger enabled station. Height adjustable, renameable and comes with both snow and night modes. Also comes with sound and smoke effects. Uses my Passengers-SAP product. Based on an original mesh by Ben Dorsey (AKA bendorsey). I have also included all my Blender 2.80 project files for this content item in a sub-folder called 'blender_files'. Before trying to access them be sure to first read the 'instructions_read_first.txt' file in that folder."
trainz-build                            4.7
category-class                          "BPF"
category-keyword                        "station;passenger;wooden;snow;night;msgsapper"
height-range                            -100,100
nightmode                               "lamp"
mesh-table-lod-transition-distances     2000

mesh-table
{
  {
    mesh                                "station.trainzmesh"
    auto-create                         1
    lod-level                           0
  }  

default_glass
  {
    mesh                                "station_glass_day.trainzmesh"
    auto-create                         1
  }

night0
  {
    mesh                                "station_glass_night.trainzmesh"
    night-mesh-base                     "default_glass"
  }
}

For the unlighted windows the red channel of the parameters file is black. For the lighted windows the red channel of the parameters file is white.

To see my lighted structure download and look at this CDP file: <kuid:439337:106078> SAP_Passenger_Station1_1T_PBR

Bob

Back