Thread: From Blender to .fbx to Trainz

Default From Blender to .fbx to Trainz

Hi, all.

I hope that this is the appropriate forum to speak of asset creation. If not, sorry about that.

I have a very simple object, a simple box, created with Blender 3.0. I converted it to .fbx, and now I want to get it into Trainz. Simple procedure test.
    The asset was imported successfully, but if I try to use it I can't see it in Surveyor.

An error in config.txt, I guess. Can you help? The link is here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/z6034...FRBox.zip/file

Thanks in advance, Thierry.

PS: I use build 117009.

Blog Entries

The content creation forum would be a better place to ask questions of this sort.

Your FBX file appears to be corrupt or faulty. It will not load into Blender or Windows 3D viewer.

Paul

But CM has no problem with it. Thanks all the same, Paul. I'll restart from zero.

I would agree with Paul. When I tried to import the .fbx file back into Blender it would not go. When I created a new .fbx file from the blender file it would import back into Blender.

Cayden

Blog Entries

Opening the blender file , have a nice rugose red cubic block of 2 x 2 x4 meters ...
    Exported and loaded to trainz . CM does not indicate errors. Seeing in Preview Asset but no display it and says that there are no triangles...

Back to Blender , just make Triangulate Faces and re-export FBX ...
    Now Preview Asset does show it ok !

TS2009 44653 - TS12 61297 - T:ANE 105476 - TRZ19 117026

Blog Entries

Congratulations.

Now reshape that box into a simple shed you might find in a railyard and you are on your way to being a Trainz modeller. You can find free wooden plank and tiles textures online.

Paul