From Blender to .fbx to Trainz

Hi, all.

I hope that this is the appropriate forum to speak of asset creation. If not, sorry about that.

I have a very simple object, a simple box, created with Blender 3.0. I converted it to .fbx, and now I want to get it into Trainz. Simple procedure test.
The asset was imported successfully, but if I try to use it I can't see it in Surveyor.

An error in config.txt, I guess. Can you help? The link is here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/z6034as1jmauweh/TFRBox.zip/file

Thanks in advance, Thierry.

PS: I use build 117009.

The content creation forum would be a better place to ask questions of this sort.

Your FBX file appears to be corrupt or faulty. It will not load into Blender or Windows 3D viewer.

I would agree with Paul. When I tried to import the .fbx file back into Blender it would not go. When I created a new .fbx file from the blender file it would import back into Blender.

Cayden

Opening the blender file , have a nice rugose red cubic block of 2 x 2 x4 meters ...
Exported and loaded to trainz . CM does not indicate errors. Seeing in Preview Asset but no display it and says that there are no triangles...

Back to Blender , just make Triangulate Faces and re-export FBX ...
Now Preview Asset does show it ok !

Congratulations.

Now reshape that box into a simple shed you might find in a railyard and you are on your way to being a Trainz modeller. You can find free wooden plank and tiles textures online.

Back