Carpeton: O gauge 3 rail on the carpet.

KotangaGirl

Pre-Grouping Railways Nut
For a long time 'Carpeton' was my test track layout that I used to test engine specs and sound files among other things. It also happens to be perfectly good for playing trains on as well. At various times I've been asked if I'm going to upload it to the DLS and today I finally decided to tidy up Carpeton a wee bit here and there as well as making sure that it was DLS friendly. I did have to change out some assets for ones available on the DLS, but not as many as I thought I might have to.
There's three stations; - Carpeton, Woolton, and Carding by Wall. Carding by Wall is the newest station and it got its name because it's close by one of room's walls. As for carding, - that's what they used to do to get the tangles out of raw wool before spinning it into thread.
Carding is a small station and it never had a goods shed, but I decided to install one to increase the possible number of trip working opportunities a wee bit more.

'Carpeton' is made for TS2012 build 3.5, though I did take the snaps in TMR17, as I usually test Trainz Model Railway layouts in both TS2012 and TMR17. I've done a basic LMS session with driver commands, three locomotives and a variety of rolling stock including my faux virtual tinplate coaches and wagons. No clockwork engines this time sorry about that, but I will be increasing their numbers fairly soon.

exUyl5v.jpg

ayjo6az.jpg

vf5Y49P.jpg

mfoEDdJ.jpg

OHd8vCn.jpg

imiWslX.jpg

Last edited:
Very nice indeed, Annie - I love the station names! Very reminiscent of the "good old days".

Ray

Thanks Ray. Yes I very much had the 'good old days' in mind when I was building up 'Carpeton'. I did a video clip a while ago when I was working on creating the clockwork sound files I use with my faux virtual clockwork engines and while it's an earlier version of 'Carpeton' it does give a sense of what the layout is like.

Last edited:
Looks great Ann! I can't wait to try it out with the wind-up loco I downloaded for Rugton!

Thanks Forester. In a sense your wind-up loco will be coming home when it's run on 'Carpeton' as its beta version would have been developed on this layout. I'll do some final checks today and then I'll upload 'Carpeton' to the DLS this evening.

I'm ill at the moment so uploading 'Carpeton' has been delayed. I made a new session with two clockwork GWR 'Metro' tank engines which is working out surprisingly well. Since I only had one clockwork 'Metro' I had to do another one for the session and that has been uploaded to the DLS.

ngYjjOe.jpg

'Carpeton' has been sent off to the DLS along with a GWR themed session. Once I catch my breath I'll return to sorting out the LMS session that I posted some snaps of in post #3. My apologies for the delay my health hasn't been the best.

Don't apologize Ann! With all your difficulties you contribute way more to the cause than big healthy brutes like myself! I wish I had the time and talent to learn this stuff! In those screenshots above, are those people you are familiar with? :)

Don't apologize Ann! With all your difficulties you contribute way more to the cause than big healthy brutes like myself! I wish I had the time and talent to learn this stuff! In those screenshots above, are those people you are familiar with? :)

Forester, they are the family from the year 2000 film 'The Railway Children'. Very much an iconic film among Uk railway enthusiasts. And thank you very much for your kind comments.

PCHoV0G.jpg

Last edited:
Hi,
Glad to hear you're improving!

That photo soen't seem quite right - mid you, I remember Jenny Agutter as "Bobby" the daughter - not the mother!

Colin

Thanks very much Colin, I'm doing better now.

You're quite right by the way that's the family group from the 2000 movie and not the 1970 one.

Back