Hiding unwanted rail vehicles

Rafael2010

Devourer of Pancakes
Hello!

I've recently gotten myself the Gold Class subscription, and downloaded the many routes I found looking nice. However, this has left me with a bit of a minor issue: I now have a LOT of trains and rolling stock I have very little interest in.

I remember from older versions of Trainz that it was possible to mark vehicles as 'favourite', and switch between a list of 'all vehicles' and 'favourite vehicles'. Does Trainz 2022 have a feature similar to this, or some other way to hide the vehicles I don't want to play with? I cannot uninstall them since they're packaged/built-in, and that would probably cause issues, so I just want to not see them.

You can do this in Content Manager.

Highlight the rolling stock you're not interested in.
Click on Content on the menu bar at the top.
Click on Disable.

You can always enable content again if you want it by repeating the first two steps then choosing Enable.

You can do this in Content Manager.

Highlight the rolling stock you're not interested in.
Click on Content on the menu bar at the top.
Click on Disable.

You can always enable content again if you want it by repeating the first two steps then choosing Enable.

And this does not break existing routes and sessions if I disable something that was included in that route/session?

The favorite feature is still there but it is still a work in progress. You can't mark anything as a favorite in Content Manager that I know of. Instead start the game and choose either Driver/Surveyor or My Collection. At the top change Type: to whatever you want to work with, change Source: to Installed.

At the bottom of the screen is a scrolling bar of whatever you chose as the Type:. Find the item you want to make a favorite and click it so it has a yellow border. Up in the upper right corner of the screen are two white icons, a man and a loco. If you move the mouse to the left of the loco icon a heart icon will light up. Click the heart to toggle the chosen item as a favorite.

Now to see just your Favorites, change the Source: to Favourites.

Now in Surveyor, you use the search filter to filter on Rating --- 5 Stars to limit the panels to just showing your items chosen as favorites.

I told you it is still a WIP.

To me it is just easier to create a pick list named Favorite and add all your favorites to the pick list in Content Manager and opening the pick list in the search filter in Surveyor.

And this does not break existing routes and sessions if I disable something that was included in that route/session?

Yes (in 2019, and I'm sure that's not changed), but it's temporary just re-enable and the issue goes away.

Really only matters if its a session you want to run.

In 19, I've disabled a ton of stuff - mostly routes and their associated rolling stock. Every now and then I hit a need to re-enable something, but not often.

The favorite feature is still there but it is still a work in progress. You can't mark anything as a favorite in Content Manager that I know of. Instead start the game and choose either Driver/Surveyor or My Collection. At the top change Type: to whatever you want to work with, change Source: to Installed.

At the bottom of the screen is a scrolling bar of whatever you chose as the Type:. Find the item you want to make a favorite and click it so it has a yellow border. Up in the upper right corner of the screen are two white icons, a man and a loco. If you move the mouse to the left of the loco icon a heart icon will light up. Click the heart to toggle the chosen item as a favorite.

Now to see just your Favorites, change the Source: to Favourites.

Now in Surveyor, you use the search filter to filter on Rating --- 5 Stars to limit the panels to just showing your items chosen as favorites.

I told you it is still a WIP.

To me it is just easier to create a pick list named Favorite and add all your favorites to the pick list in Content Manager and opening the pick list in the search filter in Surveyor.

This seems like the best of the options so far, but am I correct in saying that this only works with Surveyor 2.0? I can't seem to find any sort of 'pick list filter' in Classic Surveyor

Works in Classic Surveyor, open the Display Menu (fourth icon from the left at the top of the screen) and check the Show Search Filter (Ctrl Shift F)

At the bottom of the window that opens on the left side of the screen is the pick list section. Click the downward pointing triangle to see the menu for changing which pick list shows. You can create or delete pick list from that menu as well. To add items to a pick list in Surveyor, drag and drop a item from the traditional panels on the right to the pick list area. In Content Manager, right click on an item and choose Add to Pick list from the menu that pops up.

Works in Classic Surveyor, open the Display Menu (fourth icon from the left at the top of the screen) and check the Show Search Filter (Ctrl Shift F)

At the bottom of the window that opens on the left side of the screen is the pick list section. Click the downward pointing triangle to see the menu for changing which pick list shows. You can create or delete pick list from that menu as well. To add items to a pick list in Surveyor, drag and drop a item from the traditional panels on the right to the pick list area. In Content Manager, right click on an item and choose Add to Pick list from the menu that pops up.

Oh! I never even saw that. Thank you very much, that works great!

Back