Who would be the "Jointed Rail" / "K&L Trainz" of *vintage* Electric Locos?

frogpipe

Yesterdayz Trainz Member
Who would be the "Jointed Rail" / "K&L Trainz" of *vintage* Electric Locos?

Like it says on the tin.

I like the built in EF1 set in TRS19, but they are looking long in the tooth as a throwback to a bygone era of low poly counts and texture resolutions. (Plus they don't fit under most catenary!) - The more "EF1" alike the better, tho I'm not looking for an exact model. Cab is a must.

Have it. That's the EF1 I'm referring to.
Avery Drexel must have been bundled at some point as I don't recall specifically buying it.

It's good, but looking a bit dated beside my other locos.

Have it. That's the EF1 I'm referring to.
Avery Drexel must have been bundled at some point as I don't recall specifically buying it.

It's good, but looking a bit dated beside my other locos.

Hmm, I haven't any other EF1's except for Whitepass' which was built-in to TRS2004. You could try and find someone to commission it, as it's relatively simple.

Trainz Forge has some good electrics. There just not as popular as steam and diesel, mostly because to get a good electric route takes a lot of extra work. Its more snippets of good electrics scattered everywhere.

Pweiser has quite a few freeware on his site. His thread is a couple of pages back in the freeware section now. He works in an old version of Trainz, but his electric locos are still great in the modern versions.

Electric ops just aren't as interesting as steam and diesels to a lot of railfans. No sound, usually average or terrible horns, and honestly, electric traction is too good. It's too easy. There's no slogging or massive speed loss up most grades. Imperfect trains are more interesting. Hence there's just going to be less content in game for it.

Jamie

To say nothing of it being almost a fad in the US in the early 20th (PRR - NEC being an exception)

I think I may well end up making a cab for TUME's EF1, and seeing if I can enlarge the textures to bring out more details on the chassis.

I've gotta second Pweiser here. All of his content is made for TS2009, but the sheer quantity and variety of it is super impressive nonetheless.

Back