Where are session saved on disk?

Tnx for helping. Unfortunately I'm looking for them because thery're completely disappeared and I wanted to get them from a backup. Or maybe TRS22 official release can't read them.

What do you mean by disappeared?

The data should be located in your user data folder and is under your user-ID.

If you setup TRS22, you will need to point that to your data folder manually in the Launcher under install path. You'll need to change from the new folder that TRS22 created and repoint that back to your original data folder.

Tnx for replying.
Maybe I'm misunderstanding, I'm not English mothertongue. I did what you said and I can see all my routes (82gb data) but I can't see any more my saved sessions.

You need to explain better. Did you lose all your content due to an update to TRS22? Did you lose only your personal routes/sessions? Or something else?

Routes, Sessions and Saved Games are all saved in the Trainz Database along with all other assets you have installed or created yourself.

As an example, the Trainz Database could be stored at:-

C:\Users\<your Windows username>\AppData\Local\N3V Games\<trs19, trs22>\build <random characters>\local

with the entries in red different for each user (driver letter and user name) and Trainz install (TRS19 or TRS22). The exact location of this database is found in the Trainz Launcher --> Trainz Settings --> Install Tab. The database is NOT stored in a form that is easy for users to access or understand, for very good reasons.

You can save (export) your Routes and Sessions from Content Manager as .cdp files and store them wherever you want - I do this to make external backup copies of Routes and Sessions. You can also backup your entire database to an external device but this database will be huge (many Gigabytes) and it will take some time to make. Instructions for doing this can be found on the Trainz Wiki at https://online.ts2009.com/mediaWiki/index.php/How_to_Manage_Backups

Last edited:
You need to explain better. Did you lose all your content due to an update to TRS22? Did you lose only your personal routes/sessions? Or something else?

I'm talking about the session I play and for any reason I save at a certain point in order to go on from that point when I need or when I can.
Hope this helps.
Tnx

Routes, Sessions and Saved Games are all saved in the Trainz Database along with all other assets you have installed or created yourself.

As an example, the Trainz Database could be stored at:-

C:\Users\<your Windows username>\AppData\Local\N3V Games\<trs19, trs22>\build <random characters>\local

with the entries in red different for each user (driver letter and user name) and Trainz install (TRS19 or TRS22). The exact location of this database is found in the Trainz Launcher --> Trainz Settings --> Install Tab. The database is NOT stored in a form that is easy for users to access or understand, for very good reasons.

You can save (export) your Routes and Sessions from Content Manager as .cdp files and store them wherever you want - I do this to make external backup copies of Routes and Sessions. You can also backup your entire database to an external device but this database will be huge (many Gigabytes) and it will take some time to make. Instructions for doing this can be found on the Trainz Wiki at https://online.ts2009.com/mediaWiki/index.php/How_to_Manage_Backups

Yes, I'aware of this. Tnx.

In Content Manager, use the dropdown box to select "My Content" and if your sessions/savegames are in the database they will be listed here.

TNX to everyone for helping. I had to recover a few months old Data folder and update it with the new routes. Most recent saved sessions are gone. Not a problem.

Back