How do you add a Session Pack to a Route already on the DLC

Christopher824

CDETrainz.com
How do you add a Session Pack to a Route already on the DLC.

If I have a Route already on the store, and want to have an 'upgrade' with additional sessions, how would you do it?

Presume you meant DLS, Just create the sessions in the same version of the route that is on the DLS, so the route is in the sessions kuid list as a dependency.

There is no way to make a session pack except for the KSC route; this is because the KSC route is part of the game itself so therefore its part of the TCCP system. All other routes are DLC packs (yes I know N3V calls routes X, Z, Y 'built-ins' but those are just DLC packs - not built-in) and of course those aren't part of the TCCP system. So if you made sessions that you want to be payware outside of KSC, you'll need to sell them through your website or change them from payware to freeware and upload them to your website / DLS.

I also have a session pack I want to make for an existing route of mind but can't... Last time I've talked to N3V about this they had an idea done on paper so now they just have to program it for the TCCP system and such.

If I have a Route already on the store, and want to have an 'upgrade' with additional sessions, how would you do it?
If you want to perform an upgrade to an existing DLC route that's already released, you'll go into the product page on the TCCP system and click on 'add new version'. Then it'll just be the same way as you did it with the very first version (only exceptions are you don't have to readd the marketing materials and if you change anything in the description N3V won't change it automatically unless you request it - at least in theory).
Lipdmpf.jpg

Cheers

Last edited:
Depends, if you are intending it to go on the DLS same thing applies, you can put sessions for payware DLC on the DLS so long as they are created in the Payware route. If you want it as payware other than that TCCP thing which as I don't do payware I haven't got a clue about or how it works.

If you want to perform an upgrade to an existing DLC route that's already released, you'll go into the product page on the TCCP system and click on 'add new version'. Then it'll just be the same way as you did it with the very first version (only exceptions are you don't have to readd the marketing materials and if you change anything in the description N3V won't change it automatically unless you request it - at least in theory).

So if original was $10, and version 2 has 4 extra sessions, could you then ask $15 for it? Could version 1 still be available, maybe at a 'Sale' price like 25% off?

The store has a dropdown for example, purchasing Trainz to let you pick a level (ie std $$, plat $$, upgrade ??). I wonder if a route could have a dropdown? I don't recall seeing one, but looks like the interface can handle something like that.

Just thinking out loud, thanks again for all the help.

Now that I don't know the answers to as I never adjusted the price for an existing DLC pack. You'll want to ask N3V that for an official answer but my guess would be it'll remain the same pricing but again, ask N3V about this.

With how it works, at least from my understanding, if version 1 works for TRS19 and version 2 also work for TRS19 then no version 1 won't be available. I had a few DLC updates that were made in S5 and SP4 users also to the SP5 update. The only exceptions to this is if the DLC was made back when TRS19 was originally release with the DLC downloader or if version 2 was made in TRS22 then version 1 would remain available to all TRS19 users.

As for sales while just doing something like volume 1, volume 2, etc N3V said it won't work out well since they'll have to manually issue discounts for users that purchased one of the versions. I had this idea for Centrall Sub since I have a session pack I wanted to package up but can into the same problem as you - TCCP doesn't support session packs outside of the KSC route.

So what I would suggest if you want both versions? I would just do the upgrade to an existing version and make version 2 for TRS22 and newer. This way version 1 remains available and those that want version 2 can use TRS22. Just my 2 cents on this.

Cheers

Back