When will Surveyor 2.0 get some updates?

johnarran

7018 Drysllwyn Castle
Today's newsletter 31st May 2022 encourages you to check out Surveyor 2.0. I have been using S2.0 since release and there are still improvements that need to be made. G.M. has provided a list on his thoughts which many route builders agree on. I have my own list of improvements that could be made and will gladly provide them if needed.

I notice in the newsletter that focus for the next beta release is Content Packages...

"with the next release including support for a "Content Packages" filter. Using this feature will determine which packaged items can be used in a route, meaning you'll know whether or not you're including content everyone has access to."

That's all fine and dandy but surely the tool you are promoting to build the routes in the first place is of equal importance, if not more important.

Just asking the question N3V when is further work on S2.0 scheduled or will it take a back seat never to get fixed.

Nice to see TRS2022 officially released :D

Keep up the good work.

John

[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]

Content packages is part of S20. It’s a feature hat has been requested by many to determine which assets are available in a route.

We have a list of 100 or so updates for S20 that we’re looking to schedule. We have well over 1,000 other features and fixes on our list that doesn’t include major updates like the terrain system.

We have 3 programmers and need 20 or 30 more to do everything that people want to see in a timely manner.

Meanwhile, we’ll keep on evolving and working on our plans to bring Trainz to a wider audience and to keep our current fans coming back for more.

Trainz Plus users get updates (i.e. new features) about every 3 months. Ignoring the beta releases, S20 was the centerpiece of the last quarterly update (SP5). So I would expect the next update will appear in a few months time.

My opinions only.

...We have 3 programmers and need 20 or 30 more to do everything that people want to see in a timely manner. ...

Crikey, that's not very many! I'd encourage everyone who can afford it (I'm aware that many can't) to take out a Gold subscription so maybe N3V could take on a few more people.

Paul

Crikey, that's not very many! I'd encourage everyone who can afford it (I'm aware that many can't) to take out a Gold subscription so maybe N3V could take on a few more people.

Paul

That's why I have a Gold subscription, not for the freebies but to support N3V while I can still afford to.

Back