TRS22 - Official Retail Release Out Now!

Yes, it seems to be a big success directly from N3V. Over the years Steam has had other software offered on a subscription basis such as Maya, Camtasia and Substance Painter and Designer. After a while they reverted back to a perpetual license only. If Steam takes 30% of the monthly fee it would certainly benefit N3V to sell directly. But Steam has a massive audience so it is a trade off. Of course, the in game content store is direct sales from N3V so there is lots of money to be made without giving Steam a cut.

Are the Tornado, BR shunter and HST seen on the roundhouse to be added later? I don't see any of them in the game.

Graphics in TRS22 are now better than TS2022 (Classic), but not as good as TSW2.

But hopefully you will get there. Still need some of the realistic functionality of both those games.

But there again Trainz, has other things they don't have.

Congrats boss man and team.

Mike.

One measure of success that I have noticed these last few months is the growing number of posters in these forums with Trainz+ in their timelines.

A good sign I am sure.

Don't forget the long term customers that get ostracised. :(

Product Downloads
Download TANE
Download TRS19
Download TRS22
Download TrainzPlus

[h=3]Registered Serial Numbers[/h]
Trainz: A New Era (Deluxe)

• TNPD
Trainz

• AUTR

Trainz Paint Shed (Download only)

• AUPS

Ultimate Trainz Collection

• AUTC

Trainz Railroad Simulator 2004

• ATRS

Trainz Railroad Simulator 2006

• AT6D

Trainz Classics Volume 3

• ATC3

Trainz Simulator 2009: World Builder Edition

• ATS9
  • BETA

Trainz Simulator 2010: Engineers Edition

• ATRZ

Trainz Simulator: Settle and Carlisle

• ATRZ

Trainz Simulator: Treez

• ATRZ

Trainz DLC - Blue Comet

• ATRZ

Trainz DLC - Duchess

• ATRZ

Trainz Simulator 12

• ATRZ

But hey ho, our money is still good.

Mike.

Should I bite? Nothing has changed for people buying from the store. Memberships are an option - you have the choice to take it or leave it. How this makes anyone ostracised I'm not sure? You've free to carry on in exactly the same manner as previously.

Meanwhile, those people investing 20 cents a day for their membership are getting more features and more content, which only seems fair.

But hey ho, our money is still good.
Absolutely. As discussed elsewhere recently, all versions of Trainz on all platforms all contribute to help make the Trainz journey continue.

Last edited:
Congratz to the entire team on the release of TRS22 !

Launcher: [My Content], top menu
[type: LOCOMOTI...] [Source: PURCHASED] [Region: UNITED...]
shows many locs, that I made, not PURCHASED=bought payware

This interface has been broken since the very first TRS19,
please tell me what to do to get it fixed.

Please next work on (SP1) to mention a few:
-Mouse movement is too coarse and no option to set it better
-The "Polish" = many interfaces, were never improved
-The wheelslip lights do not work in cabs (frogpipe has send in a bug report)
-Signal corona flashing does not work, as found in the wiki(for a very long time)
-Using a mini map in driver, you cannot set options, only on full map(you already have a bug report)
-Many scripts timeout, without giving a real reason for the user/scripter
-New water is unclear and never finished,
--no option to set color independent from other environmental options
--no transparency setting, or easy removal
-The S2 interface is not finished/optimized
-Route merging is done on a stamp, while its easy to make it 4x as big
-Restoring from backup, requires the user to be a DOS computer engineer
-Users are bothered with unneeded warnings and errors in CM
-Clean up filtering lacks in CM
-MPS is still limited, and has no usable trainchat interface
-Multi monitor support lacks
-Passengers are totally dark at night(last time I checked)
no good way to select another set, put it in kind region
-The Content Store, lacks proper filtering/tabs
-PBR issues: cab artifacts, ground height differences, nausea
-Carz still honk too loud and and too often
-Still miss Engine Shed, make it another menu option please

Trainz is still the best, goodluck improving it even more
Greetings GM

Congrats on this newest version of Trainz. Personally, I love this new version. I have been working on a couple of long (by long I mean started in 2004 or so) routes and this version has been the most stable for me by far. Keep up the good work

I am a Trainz Plus member with build 117009. No patch is available. Am I missing something?

117009 is a TRS19 build - SP5 hotfix 1 (Windows)

Definitely missed all the posts on the forum and the Newsletters, you are on the wrong patch Stream, Plus was split from TRS19 a while back now.

You needed to be either on Trainz Plus or Trainz Plus beta streams for TRS22 Plus.

According to the build list, https://online.ts2009.com/mediaWiki/index.php/Build_Numbers, there isn't a patch from 117009 to TRS22 Plus, If I remember correctly you should have switched streams before the final TRS19 build, You will need to download and install it from MyTrainz use the Trainz Plus installer which is the Plus version that's just been released, Do not use the TRS22 one as that does not include the Plus features.

Not a bad idea actually to keep a version of TRS19 intact and have a separate TRS22 Plus install, which I have done.

Last edited:
Should I bite? Nothing has changed for people buying from the store. Memberships are an option - you have the choice to take it or leave it. How this makes anyone ostracised I'm not sure? You've free to carry on in exactly the same manner as previously.

Meanwhile, those people investing 20 cents a day for their membership are getting more features and more content, which only seems fair.

Absolutely. As discussed elsewhere recently, all versions of Trainz on all platforms all contribute to help make the Trainz journey continue.

Don't be facetious boss man, you know exactly what i mean. :p

Mike.

Downloaded the Trainz Plus (117688) release (the entire 10.5 GB of it), as the update from 117042 failed - luckily not too onerous with my 1 Gbps internet connection.:cool:
The newly installed app automatically found my external Trainz data SSD and took on all my previous settings - nicely done!:)
After also upgrading a few assets in Contents Store and a DBR I was left with zero faulties (miss. deps etc), great work!:)

A question on the Steam versions (I don't have them, I'm just curious): why are there 213 DLCs for TRS22 and only 188 available for Trainz Plus?

Last edited:
Congrats to another successful release of Trainz N3V team! :)
Hope for more years of Trainzing to come :D

Cheers

A question on the Steam versions (I don't have them, I'm just curious): why are there 213 DLCs for TRS22 and only 188 available for Trainz Plus?
Most likely a missing image that meant Valve didn’t approve those items for release. We’ll sort it out later today. There will be the same number.

That's nice to have released, and where's the water making? It's like the size of the brush is just for the texture, so they could create even for water right? :eek:

Maybe not the place for this, but for the record I would have been happy to buy the retail TS22 if Surveyor 2.0 was bundled with it. As it is, I personally don't feel that there's enough else in Trainz+ to justify a subscription, as most of the extra content/features aren't of great interest to me. I know this is a just a personal view and that N3V are fully entitled to bundle and sell their products however they think fit, but I just wanted to throw this one out there as the viewpoint of a loyal customer and contributor.

I've also still got a lifetime FCT so I don't want to risk losing that if, for example, I try Trainz+ for a year and then decide I either can't keep up the subscription or that it's otherwise not for me (Tony- can you give me any comfort on this?)

R3

Maybe not the place for this, but for the record I would have been happy to buy the retail TS22 if Surveyor 2.0 was bundled with it. As it is, I personally don't feel that there's enough else in Trainz+ to justify a subscription, as most of the extra content/features aren't of great interest to me. I know this is a just a personal view and that N3V are fully entitled to bundle and sell their products however they think fit, but I just wanted to throw this one out there as the viewpoint of a loyal customer and contributor.

I've also still got a lifetime FCT so I don't want to risk losing that if, for example, I try Trainz+ for a year and then decide I either can't keep up the subscription or that it's otherwise not for me (Tony- can you give me any comfort on this?)

R3

Trainz + offered me and I only use the creation of the brush and its size and the tilt or rotation of the model, I know I don't do anything about it, it's too and unnecessarily complicated for me, there are also a lot of features missing!

Back