TRS22 - Official Retail Release Out Now!

Tony_Hilliam

Trainz Plus - enjoy Trainz from just 20 cents a da
Every few years we get to celebrate the release of a new version of Trainz, and today we get to enjoy the official release of TRS22 "Retail" edition.

This release is also the first time we've released on three platforms simultaneously, with our Trainz Store, Mac App Store and Steam Store all being released today.

When this journey began over 20 years ago, 3D graphics were new on the scene and we thought Trainz looked incredible!

Trainz_v1a.jpg

And now, our trains and worlds are looking more realistic than ever.

2022-05-31_141805a.png

I'm sure that in another 20 years, it will be very difficult to tell the difference between a photo and an in-game screenshot.

We can only continue to make that journey with the support of our fans like you, and we look forward to sharing more Trainz updates with you all in the coming years!

TRS22 or Trainz Plus?

To help everyone understand the relationship between their memberships and the various versions of Trainz, with this release we've separated "Trainz Plus" and "TRS22" into separate builds.

This means that Trainz Plus and Gold Class members simply update using the Trainz Plus stream and TRS22 users use their TRS22 stream.

Here is a list of all the latest build numbers for each of the current set of release builds.
117744 TRS22 (Mac App Store)
117706 Trainz Plus Steam (Mac)
117703 TRS22 Steam (Mac)
117688 Trainz Plus (Mac)
117669 Trainz Plus (PC)
117661 Trainz Plus Steam (PC)
117660 TRS22 Steam (PC)
117655 TRS22 (PC)
117654 TRS22 (Mac)

Note: if you updated to the latest Release Candidate last week, then there will be no update required for you today.

Last edited:
Installed now. The automatic DBR took longer than the download and install.

EDIT: Test sessions running well. No problems.

Last edited:
Well, I don't see any updates for Trainz Plus. Is this still in the process of making its travels around the world?

Last edited:
Well, I don't see any updates for Trainz Plus. Is this still in the process of making its travels around the world?

Possibly. We in the southern hemisphere have always been well ahead of our northern hemisphere brethren.

My update to 117669 came through on Trainz Plus (stream Trainz Plus) immediately after I started the Launcher. Perhaps it is hung-up in Customs and Immigration at LaGuardia?

Possibly. We in the southern hemisphere have always been well ahead of our northern hemisphere brethren.

My update to 117669 came through on Trainz Plus (stream Trainz Plus) immediately after I started the Launcher. Perhaps it is hung-up in Customs and Immigration at LaGuardia?

Very possible. Customs can be tricky if the incorrect harmonized tariff code is applied. :)

Last edited:

What's your build # John? You may already be at the final build. If not, check the Beta stream for your build.

Just noticed the same problem on one of my backup computers. Trainz Plus build 117092. It was on the TRS22 stream (for some reason). I changed it to the Trainz Plus stream and the update came through.

Just noticed the same problem on one of my backup computers. Trainz Plus build 117092. It was on the TRS22 stream (for some reason). I changed it to the Trainz Plus stream and the update came through.

Mine was set to Trainz-Plus beta and I changed the selection to Trainz-Plus.

Okay, thank you.

I will say that this is one of the best releases yet. I've been Trainzing all day and then some without a hiccup at all.

Congratulations on the release of 22.

I’ll just note that the Mac operating system stopped being called OS X some time ago and is now macOS.

Last edited:
Was already on the Release version, which has performed flawlessly since I patched last week.
Congratulations N3V on the Retail Launch! - and many thanks to the beta testers and Devs who made it possible.

Was already on the Release version, which has performed flawlessly since I patched last week.
Congratulations N3V on the Retail Launch! - and many thanks to the beta testers and Devs who made it possible.

Yes indeed - thanks to everyone who helped us out with bug reports and feedback. It's a vital part of the whole operation.

We've learned a lot along the way that we need lots of people with lots of different content doing lots of different things in order to find a good percentage of the problems prior to release.

We did a count and there were over 40 different crash fixes from the time of the initial pre-order release. The majority of these were reported by one person who had a problem in a certain route or session, but by fixing each one we were able to reduce the likelihood others would encounter similar problems.

Good luck with the launch. If nothing else you've discovered the perfect time to announce after the haters have gone to bed in the States. Very slick presentation for Steam versions too. I'm interested to see how the subscription for Trainz Plus works out for you. It works for some software programs but I don't recall ever seeing a game offered that way.

I'm interested to see how the subscription for Trainz Plus works out for you. It works for some software programs but I don't recall ever seeing a game offered that way.

One measure of success that I have noticed these last few months is the growing number of posters in these forums with Trainz+ in their timelines.

A good sign I am sure.

Back