UK UQ Split Distant Signal

pfx

I hate the notion of being a gimmepig and have no idea as to the complexity of creating a signal but I do remember someone had done a couple of customisations, though who it was escapes me.

I have a split distant on the Edinburgh to Glasgow route, just north of Larbert. As I recall, it was the last one in use on NR, though I stand to be corrected. As you can see in image one below, there is a split distant I can use on the route which I can live with. What I'd really like though, is something that more accurately reflects the original as in image two. The gantry on the actual one overhung the siding and applied to the mainline.

Can anyone point me towards the correct person please?

Much appreciated,
Innis

52106952656_3e5c125c78_z.jpg
52105931992_d383fbb8e3_z.jpg

There are gantries in Trainz similar to the proto one in your second pic.

Certainly a better fit than the one you are using. But not sure of names sorry, as i haven't done any signal placement for donkeys.

EDIT: You need the gantry as a stand alone object, used with gantry signal types.

Mike.

Last edited:
Thanks Mike, it's actually a signal with the gantry combined I'm after or, I suppose now you've mentioned it, gantry dolls that act as a split distant. So far, the pictured signal is the only split distant I've found.

Cheers,
Innis

Last edited:
I cannot even look on the DLS for you as in CM, my DLS tab is blank since carrying out an EDR yesterday.

Innis, i do not believe you will find that type of gantry with the signal dolls attached.

Mike.

Any good Innis ?

WR 1960s 2 track signal Gantry 7m LH - nexusdj
22nd June 2014

Description
British Rail Western Region 1960s style
Left Hand 2 track single ended 7 metre long signal gantryType: Buildings / Structures | Version: TS2009 | KUID: <KUID:45317:105122> | Filesize: 88.82 kb | File Type: .cdp | Downloads: 25274

You can look it up on the DLS white pages.

Mike.

Thanks again Mike.

It's not the gantry itself that's the issue, rather the signals to put on it. Only thing I've found so far is what is in the image I posted above. Although it's a split distant which does the job, it's somewhat different to the signals which were actually present. I can live with that but if it's possible, I'd like the semaphores that match the actual signals. I've been through every upper quadrant signal I can find, including ones on gantries and just the dolls themselves but unfortunately, no joy.

Innis

Thanks again Mike.

It's not the gantry itself that's the issue, rather the signals to put on it. Only thing I've found so far is what is in the image I posted above. Although it's a split distant which does the job, it's somewhat different to the signals which were actually present. I can live with that but if it's possible, I'd like the semaphores that match the actual signals. I've been through every upper quadrant signal I can find, including ones on gantries and just the dolls themselves but unfortunately, no joy.

Innis

Oh right misunderstood sorry buddy. Is there not a gantry distant signal and a gantry home/distant combined that you can place separately on the gantry, Innis ?

Mike.

Not that I've found Mike. I'm fairly certain I've looked at all the UQ signals there are. I can't recreate it with separate home/distant dolls as the split distant is a bit like a route indicator. The two distant arms act in conjunction with the home so if the home is off, one of the two distants will also be off to indicate which route will be taken. Like I say, I can live with the one that's pictured. Just me being a bit pedantic I guess.

Innis

The penny has finally dropped Innis, sorry. :hehe:

I am with you now in regards the operation of the two distant arms, in conjunction with the home.

It will have to be a compromise then buddy, as i doubt you will find that combo in game.

Mike.

'chrisaw' has certainly done a few custom UK signals.

Not sure how active he is at present though.

Chrisaw is certainly 'Mr Signal' and has produced a great range of semaphores for Trainz. He has taken requests in the past. I think he's around and about and hopefully will see this thread. (I have an ulterior motive as there's a very rare split Home signal at Verney Junction I was thinking of asking for.)

Paul

Back