is it me , or TRS22's content manager has alot of problems

PivBoi

Trinidad Kiddo
seeing from the many threads that has come in and out
but i cant judge a new trainz version that just came out last year

The Trainz+ Content Manager is business as usual. When I was testing TRS22, and not Trainz+, it was business as usual. It's the same data and no difference.

So, what are the "problems" that people are seeing?

There're some content errors reported, but that's expected until these issues are reported. Since you don't have the product, you don't need to worry about them anyway.

I confirm content manager does not work with TRS22, I try to transfer TRS19 since i purchased TRS22 two we ago and its a nightmare.
Faulty does don't show any errors or warning and you never have the right status for assets.
Its impossible to transfer older route without messing everything including new contents.
I think i am going to give up and ask refund.

I confirm content manager does not work with TRS22
Faulty does don't show any errors or warning and you never have the right status for assets.
Its impossible to transfer older route without messing everything including new contents.

Specific examples are far more useful than vague generalisations. I am having absolutely no problems with TRS22 Content manager.

Details please.

I confirm content manager does not work with TRS22, I try to transfer TRS19 since i purchased TRS22 two we ago and its a nightmare.

Why transfer TRS19 to TRS22? Just copy the TRS19 build folder and paste it to a new location and then direct the TRS22 path to it. A quick DBR and all should be fine.

Here' I'll make it easy.

Clone your TRS19 data folder and call the data-folder TRS22_DATA. If you have a second drive installed, put it on that drive to keep it out of the way.

Start up TRS22 and at the Launcher go to Trainz Settings.

Go to the Install tab and click on the ...

Search for your TRS22_DATA folder.
Click on that and click Select.

The program will want to restart, and you are now setup after the Database repair runs.

I did that with a database that contains about 250K local assets. Out of that, I had about 25 that needed attention and out of that, I had about 6 that needed repairs. The rest I downloaded again, or updated content via the content store. The other 6 I looked at and deleted because I haven't used them in ...? Gawd knows when I saw them last!

yep im sticking with tane.

Listening to someone who didn't transfer their content correctly as a justification for sticking with an 8 year old, empirically worse version of the game is not cash money

What, exactly are you trying to do? Are you not just copying your build folder across? Have you run a database repair? Anything?

yep im sticking with tane.

Best of luck with that. Support for T:ANE (updates, new service packs, bug fixes, etc) expired in September 2020. While T:ANE was good in its time, the rest of us have moved on to better graphics and new, better features.

Despite several requests you have so far failed to explain exactly what you are attempting to do and exactly what your problem is.

Back