TRS22 and Trainz Plus Release Candidates

Tony_Hilliam

Trainz Plus - enjoy Trainz from just 20 cents a da
While we're preparing installers and getting all our systems ready for the release of TRS22, we've made Release Candidates available on the BETA patch stream for the following builds:

Windows - TRS22 BETA PATCH STREAM

TRS22 116492 to TRS22 Release Candidate 117655

TRS22 Beta 117118 to TRS22 Release Candidate 117655

TRS22 Beta 117300 to TRS22 Release Candidate 117655

TRS22 Beta 117537 to TRS22 Release Candidate 117655

Windows - TRAINZ PLUS BETA PATCH STREAM

Trainz Plus 116492 to Trainz Plus Release Candidate 117669

Trainz Plus Beta 117092 to Trainz Plus Release Candidate 117669

Trainz Plus Beta 117540 to Trainz Plus Release Candidate 117669

Mac - TRS22 BETA PATCH STREAM

TRS22 116493 to TRS22 Release Candidate 117654

Mac - TRAINZ PLUS BETA PATCH STREAM

Trainz Plus 116493 to Trainz Plus Release Candidate 117688

Trainz Plus Beta 117042 to Trainz Plus Release Candidate 117688

Trainz Plus Beta 116931 to Trainz Plus Release Candidate 117688

IMPORTANT:
Note that build 116492 and 116493 can be patched to either TRS22 to Trainz Plus.

If you have a Trainz Plus or Gold Class membership, then choose the Trainz Plus patch stream (or you will lose Trainz Plus features).

Trainz Plus includes everything in TRS22 and more. If you mistakenly update to the wrong build, then you'll need to either patch a backup version of your old build or wait until we provide installers for the new builds.

Last edited:
Trainz Plus beta patch proceeded without any hitches. Entire patch and database repair took less than a minute.

Yes, but the precaching is taking a hike up hill!

John
Is that with your own content? The vast majority of DLC should be precached already (there are a few remaining items we're working on).

You can run the trainzutil "prebuild" command to precache everything before trying to load. Of course it will take a while to go through your whole db, but it means you get the job done in one step.

A long list - but no-one to compile a user facing set of them right now.

Here's a brief summary:

• Content Store configuration and display for Steam and Mac App Store
  • Notirization for those stores
  • MPS fixes
  • A few S20 tweaks
  • A bunch of Save Game fixes
  • Various crash fixes under very specific circumstances
  • Various backend build optimisations
  • A bunch of stuff like "fix a case where an autoref went out of scope at an inopportune time, greatly increasing the complexity of failure cases"

29Mb patch installed quickly and without issues. Precached installed assets for quicker upload of routes and sessions.
Quick test on the MPS server showed all working well there too.
Thanks and cheers!

Haven't yet updated, but I have been using Surveyor 2.0 more lately. Still needs some work, but it's getting there...

Installed and updated quickly.

I opened up a large route I've been working on and everything loaded up fine with no apparent issues. I then saved it to update to the current version. I'll edit the session tomorrow and bring that up to date and test that as well. It's too late here for more testing tonight.

I see the mysterious errors and warnings are still present for assets using the LM.TXT method for LOD. These are warnings in TB 5.0 and errors in TB 5.1. An example is:

- <kuid:186372:100056> : VE268: Mesh file is unused in this asset: 'door_left_lod0.trainzmesh'

The explanation and root causes in the Trainz WiKi don't appear to apply in for my test case which is a loco using LOD for about everything. I did raise the issue in this thread but got no help so I've now raised a bug report.

I'm a bit surprised no other creators have mentioned this. Maybe they just continue to build assets at TS12 SP1 builds to avoid LOD completely.

Patch upgrade from 117042 -> 117688 (Mac) fails on my Mac Studio Max (an Apple M1 Silicon computer) with the error message "Unable to copy installation data to target disk (path in use)." This failure is similar to earlier applications of the patch installer, perhaps connected to the inappropriate use of the /Applications folder for temporary storage of the downloaded patch.

Is it possible to get a link to the whole 117688 download, because that worked fine with the previous 117042 build?

Plus patched to 117669, very quick, no obvious problems yet.

However anyone else not showing any new assets in manage content after the 24th? noticed this yesterday and it's in TANE, TRS19 and TRS22 plus and nothing in TS12 since the 7th, there are new assets showing on the Web DLS white pages though.

However anyone else not showing any new assets in manage content after the 24th? noticed this yesterday and it's in TANE, TRS19 and TRS22 plus and nothing in TS12 since the 7th, there are new assets showing on the Web DLS white pages though.

Same here Malc for TANE, TRS19 and TRS22!

cheers,
Graham

Last edited:

I have two installs of 22 : One has DLS assets listed up to the 26th as I ran it early yesterday but shows blank thumbnail images for all the content listed as the 25th & 26th , The other which was run today to patch it only goes up to the 24th .

Worked fine here, too. About 3 to 4 minutes in total. The days of taking a week's vacation while the database rebuilt appear to behind us, so nice one N£V games. Although I did get about a minute of precaching when loading the West from Denver free drive session... that's the only built in route I've tried so far.

I had that a couple of days ago then a bunch appeared but now there's nothing again. I think the DLS server needs a kick to wake up the squirrels again.

Is that with your own content? The vast majority of DLC should be precached already (there are a few remaining items we're working on).

You can run the trainzutil "prebuild" command to precache everything before trying to load. Of course it will take a while to go through your whole db, but it means you get the job done in one step.

How do you go about running the "prebuild" function?

Thanks,
John

Back