TRS22 and Trainz Plus Release Candidates

Hi there. Patching from build 117092 to 117669 does not appear to do anything. I get the following; Unable to copy installation data to target disk. (Result: -6, src: 'D:/TS2022/Trainz Railroad Simulator 2022/data', dst: 'D:/TS2022/Patch Installer/data') Any ideas?

Last edited:
I must be missing something, as Trainz says there are no updates available? My content manager doesn't connect to the D/L station. I currently have build 117118.

Leroy

There have been a few problems with the N3V servers over the last few days, your issues could be related to that.

Leroy, have you checked that your login details are correct in the Launcher, Trainz Settings, MyTrainz? Also what is your Trainz Update Stream? It will need to be a "beta" stream to get any updates until the full retail release is out when all users will get the update.

How do you update to the Release Candidate? Currently on 116493 on a Mac, with the update stream set to the directory: /Applications/Trainz Railroad Simulator 2022.app and it says for me that there is no update available for Trainz. I'm logged into MyTrainz, but it doesn't give me the option to update - it doesn't even say on the launcher that a patch is available. Anyone else getting this issue?

EDIT: Figured out how to change the stream, and currently updating to the Release Candidate

EDIT 2: Nope. It can't update because it's missing a file. The error reads:

Patch not viable.

Details:
Checksum mismatch on: /Applications/Trainz Railroad Simulator 2022.app/Contents/Resources/builtin/969.tzarc (expected c86ebce0bac60938552961c36438ccc2, found 879243ae710abda967b80bffe1e25ce4)

No idea what this means. Anyone know how to fix this?

Last edited:
I've been repeatedly uninstalling and reinstalling, but to no avail. Should I continue or wait until TRS22 officially releases?

If you mistakenly update to the wrong build, then you'll need to either patch a backup version of your old build or wait until we provide installers for the new builds.

Where would i find the backup version ?

Is this backup something that is in-game, or does it mean that we should have made a backup elsewhere?
If it is in-game, how do idiots like myself, who mistakenly updated from Trainz Plus 116492 to TRS22 117655 patch the back-up version?

Is this backup something that is in-game, or does it mean that we should have made a backup elsewhere?
If it is in-game, how do idiots like myself, who mistakenly updated from Trainz Plus 116492 to TRS22 117655 patch the back-up version?

To answer the second question. No, you are not an idiot. All Trainz Plus subscribers automatically get the latest release of TRSXX with all the Trainz Plus features built in. When TRS19 was the latest release, Trainz Plus was TRS19. Now that TRS22 has been released, Trainz Plus has become TRS22, but again with all the Trainz Plus features that were not present in the retail TRS19 and TRS22 releases - that includes S20. When TRS2x (25???) is released Trainz Plus will be upgraded to that version with all the current and new Trainz Plus features that will be out by then. In between times (2023 and 2024) Trainz Plus will receive regular updates to existing Trainz Plus only features and new Trainz Plus only features.

Trainz Plus build 114800, the base build, is found on the MyTrainz page (link at the top of this page) and then on the My Digital Downloads Link. After installing and running it will go through the various patch updates. When you have patched to the version you want then decline any further updates.

Last edited:
To answer the second question. No, you are not an idiot. All Trainz Plus subscribers automatically get the latest release of TRSXX with all the Trainz Plus features built in. When TRS19 was the latest release, Trainz Plus was TRS19. Now that TRS22 has been released, Trainz Plus has become TRS22, but again with all the Trainz Plus features that were not present in the retail TRS19 and TRS22 releases - that includes S20. When TRS2x (25???) is released Trainz Plus will be upgraded to that version with all the current and new Trainz Plus features that will be out by then. In between times (2023 and 2024) Trainz Plus will receive regular updates to existing Trainz Plus only features and new Trainz Plus only features.
Thanks for the vote of confidence! An easy mistake to make, as Trainz Plus gave me TRS22, I assumed I needed to update to TRS22... Wrong, I needed to update to Trainz Plus to keep the extra Trainz Plus features. That explains why Surveyor 2.0 had vanished.
Trainz Plus build 114800, the base build, is found on the MyTrainz page (link at the top of this page) and then on the My Digital Downloads Link. After installing and running it will go through the various patch updates. When you have patched to the version you want then decline any further updates.
So the only way is to reinstall Trainz Plus? (My MyTrainz page says I will get 117669, which is, I believe the current version.)
Will that happily re-install over the current TRS22 (build 117655) or do I need to uninstall first?

All installations are individual installs. They do not replace other installs, only an update will replace an existing install.

This is no longer the case. The digital download is the latest TRS19 SP5, TRS22 Retail, and TRS22 Plus.

davidbird, I believe that since several users made the same mistake that if you change your patch stream to the Trainz Plus Beta stream it will then offer you a patch that will convert you back to Trainz Plus.

davidbird, I believe that since several users made the same mistake that if you change your patch stream to the Trainz Plus Beta stream it will then offer you a patch that will convert you back to Trainz Plus.

No it doesn't, that was the first thing I tried! :eek:

I have now downloaded a new copy of Trainz Plus, which was a simple process, it is a seperate install. I still need to transfer over my route and session and any non-dls dependencies.

Thanks for all your help, now to get on with learning Surveyor 2.0.

Back