Tree trunks invisible....

Ghost42

May be a video setting problem, TreeEasternWhitePine 01 is built-in (TRS19), looks normal at a distance but close up the trunk, branches disappear.
I have used them in the forested areas and could of course swap them out but I thought maybe someone has an idea of what is going on?

May be a video setting problem, TreeEasternWhitePine 01 is built-in (TRS19), looks normal at a distance but close up the trunk, branches disappear.
I have used them in the forested areas and could of course swap them out but I thought maybe someone has an idea of what is going on?

Just guessing here, but check these things;

-Is it a large object, or a group of trees? If so, enabling the setting “Process objects behind the camera” could help.

-Increase your scenery or tree detail setting(s).

I swapped them out with some 4.6 pines, same effect, trunks missing leaving them hovering above ground. Trunks visible at a distance.
Missed the reply above, will give that a go - could be related to the grievous refresh rate with splines.

I brought the tree detail to Low and can now see trunks at approx 50yds.
I followed the Trainz wiki settings for my video card (GTX970) and set tree detail to low and trunks are normal!
Thanks for the help.

Last edited:
Not sure I helped much. The effect of the tree detail setting turned out opposite to what I expected! Oh well, I did say it was a guess.

I can cite one example in which a lower setting can actually improve things; it’s the scenery detail setting. If it’s on Ultra, the textures blur when you get really close up to an object, but if set on High, the same textures remain sharp as you get really close. So much deliberately counter-intuitive shyte happens in Trainz.

It may not be related but I have noticed a similar?? issue with the base of tree trunks disappearing when PBR textures are used. The problem was resolved by changing the Shader Quality setting from Ultra to Standard.

Back